Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Cuil search engine & Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Cuil search engine & Gixen Reply with quote

From time to time I check Gixen's position on search engines. After a lot of problems in the past, now I am quite happy with how Google treats Gixen, and this is evident in number of new users trying Gixen daily.

In the past, I used to check other search engines as well, but, for no apparent reason I stopped doing this, feeling that they are becoming less and less relevant, and that good position on Google search results is all one needs for his site to be successful. If you are doing fine on Google, you don't need other search engines. If you are not, no other search engine is going to help you much. That's just how it is these days.

Then I stumbled upon a CNN article that confirms this.

Only after reading it, I remembered CUIL, a search engine that looked very promising a while ago when I looked at it. So, to test it out, I made couple of relevant searches that should return Gixen in its result set. And - Gixen is not there at all. But hey, there is something... Take a look at this and this screenshot to have a good laugh.
rickyk4

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, you're sponsoring both JustSnipe and HidBid, your competitors? How successful have you gotten? Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...that is funny. It's no wonder CUIL still isn't being used by many. The hype when it launched is laughable now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Blog All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: