Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

No snipe 7 hours before end

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cancer-zodiac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: No snipe 7 hours before end Reply with quote

No snipe 7 hours before end whats going on?
Dave
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explain? What do you expect to happen?
cancer-zodiac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: would not accept snipe Reply with quote

[quote="mario"]Can you explain? What do you expect to happen?[/quote]
Hi Mario I tried to snipe 7 hours before the end of a auction but a note came up saying not enough time left to snipe?
Dave
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, can you give me the item_id so that I can debug this?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject:

cancer-zodiac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Non acceptance Reply with quote

[quote="mario"]Dave, can you give me the item_id so that I can debug this?[/quote]

Its over now Mario but quite frustrating so Im double snipeing now with another programme. Is it possible to bid against myself and inflate the price? or will ebay automatically take my highest bid? Timeing is important its not always the very last bid that takes the sale as I found out last week. Sometimes where bids are near and below the increment it the first bid that taskes the sale. Is that right?

Dave
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd still like to find out what was wrong, so please post the item_id or email it to me. I've never seen it before that you can't add a snipe for an auction that's has not completed yet (unless if it's "buy it now"). Were you able to snipe it with that other service?

No, you can't bid against yourself. All you can do is increase your maximum bid, but ebay will still proxy-bid for you only up to amount necessary to win.
cancer-zodiac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Snipe failed Reply with quote

[quote="mario"]Well, I'd still like to find out what was wrong, so please post the item_id or email it to me. I've never seen it before that you can't add a snipe for an auction that's has not completed yet (unless if it's "buy it now"). Were you able to snipe it with that other service?

No, you can't bid against yourself. All you can do is increase your maximum bid, but ebay will still proxy-bid for you only up to amount necessary to win.[/quote]

Mario it was item number 200090207264 no I did not try and snipe with another programme only decided yesterday to dual snipe.
Dave
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Everything looks fine with the auction itself, so I don't really know what happened. I wish the auction was not finished. Please let me know right away if you experience this again (use email), so that I can debug it. Thank you for reporting it nevertheless.

Mario.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.