Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

My first snipe in a long time - saved 50%

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fred

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: My first snipe in a long time - saved 50% Reply with quote

I haven't experienced the joys of sniping in a long time. It was great to get a SanDisk Micro SD 8GB for $9 (incl shipping) when most auctions were closing around $16.50. Including this particular sellers duplicate auctions.

Group bidding on about 30 items. About half way through finally hit one that others didn't look at.

Gixen made it happen Smile
rickyk4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My first snipe in a long time - saved 50% Reply with quote

fred wrote:
I haven't experienced the joys of sniping in a long time. It was great to get a SanDisk Micro SD 8GB for $9 (incl shipping) when most auctions were closing around $16.50. Including this particular sellers duplicate auctions.

Group bidding on about 30 items. About half way through finally hit one that others didn't look at.

Gixen made it happen Smile

Yes, in the past I've also been involved in sniping for Micro SD cards for myself. Unfortunately for me I didn't have quite as good a time as you, in fact that was one of the most frustrating sniping experiences I've ever had -- I kept losing all of them, even though I must've bid on over 20 of them. It seemed like every single unit that I was watching was being targeted heavily. I finally got frustrated and found the same thing in a "buy now", and bought it.

Interestingly I also managed to save quite a bit going buy now, because most of the bids were higher than the lowest buy now. I guess people aren't careful enough in researching their bids or else they would've known that they were outbidding even fixed-price auctions.
fred

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: patience Reply with quote

Patience patience Smile
It took me two sets of groups actually. And some patience. I wasn't in a hurry for the chip so I just entered another set of bids and rode it out seeing auction after auction close $1 over my max. I think one reason people didn't see the one I bid on was they were charging shipping when other people were not. I just bid less on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.