Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Purge Completed Deleted ALL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mystiquez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Purge Completed Deleted ALL Reply with quote

I had numerous entries for the same type of item in 'Group 1'. When I saw that one of the auctions had ended and I had lost, I decided there was no point in leaving it sit there. I hit the "Purge Completed" button and it purged all the items Crying or Very sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, that shouldn't have happened, only completed auctions should have been deleted. What is your ebay username?
nystiquez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same as my guest name here...mystiquez
mystiquez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it would help if I didn't get fumble-fingered with the keyboard. Embarassed
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found that you actually did win an item (don't want to post item number here without your consent), and the rest of items in the same group got canceled. When you clicked on "purge completed items", they got deleted, which is what was supposed to happen.
mystiquez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Maybe Not the Purge Completed Button Reply with quote

After posting my last message, I signed onto my ebay account and was shocked to learn that I had won the item that had been listed in Gixen as my bid being under the asking price after the auction ended. It was after I saw that message that I hit the purge completed button and it deleted everything.

I'm thinking that I won the item, all my other items in the group were cancelled, and the messages that were displayed were what was incorrect.

Question
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe Not the Purge Completed Button Reply with quote

mystiquez wrote:
After posting my last message, I signed onto my ebay account and was shocked to learn that I had won the item that had been listed in Gixen as my bid being under the asking price after the auction ended. It was after I saw that message that I hit the purge completed button and it deleted everything.

You must have seen something wrong. I just don't see a way status would change from "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE" to "WON". Seconds after auction end it's possible that status is shown as "ENDED" before it's confirmed you were not outbid after your bid was placed, but this is seconds I am talking about, and again it would not show "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE".
mystiquez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my multi-tasking haste I may very well have been mistaken. I do appreciate you looking into the matter for me.

I love the service here. If I ever figure out how to get Grease Monkey to actually work for me, I'd probably get a whole lot more enjoyment out of the service and be able to substantially reduce the amount of data input I have to do to get a long list of grouped items entered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.