Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen out of synch with ebay?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycove

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Gixen out of synch with ebay? Reply with quote

I note that at present, 06.00 UK time, Gixen's time seems to be out of synch with ebays by 1 hour - an auction with 12 hours to go is listing on Gixen as having 13 hours to go. Presumably any bids will be placed an hour late at the moment.

I remember a similar thing occurred last Autumn. I had wondered at the time if it was due to a switch between summer and winter time, but it wasn't. There was a technical problem I think with your server, so I assume the same thing is happening.

Just thought I'd better draw it to peoples attention for now.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time Gixen is better prepared I would hope Very Happy

All snipes are scheduled to be updated 1 minute after time change, so hopefully only few auctions ending at that time will be affected, if any.

I'll stay awake tonight, the change in North America should happen in 40 minutes or so, so I'll be there to check if everything is OK.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I didn't realise that the time change was tonight in the US - it isn't until the end of March in the UK. I only mentioned that as a thought - if I remember, the instance months ago was unconnected with clocks changing - again, that had just been my guess at the time, which turned out to be wrong - neither countriy was moving the clocks when it occured.

So should the system allow for what will be a changed time diffirential between the US and UK? I'm pretty sure it will.

And thanks for getting back so fast and being on top of things, as always! Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should all be fine, as Gixen is fetching time from eBay US, which is expressed in California time.

Hopefully DST time will be no more as of next year, it's about time to stop this ridiculous practice that makes way more problems than it saves energy.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.