Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bid then sign in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackw8233

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: bid then sign in Reply with quote

you need to fix it so when you type in a bid but then have to renew your sign in ,that the bid is posted as soon as sign in is complete instead of having to retype and resubmit the bid.I think ebay and gun broker have this feature.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not certain what you mean.

Are you suggesting that if you schedule snipes here on Gixen, then go and change your password on eBay, then log in here with your new eBay password, that the snipes you previously scheduled for that account should be translated to have the new password?

If so, I think its a security issue as far as Mario is concerned, so he doesn't want to do that.
tigting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your current gixen session has timed out, you are still able to start to schedule another snipe. It is only when you have entered the data in the input boxes and hit enter (or clicked the ADD button) that you find that a current login is required. At this point, data must be reentered. If I understand jackw8233, he would appreciate the fact that the data had been captured and his snipe had been scheduled without data reentry.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigting,

Ah yes, that makes sense... maybe Mario could look into that.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject:

tigting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark--
Security is an issue here. Would you want another person scheduling a snipe on your dime? Perhaps it is best to force the login and data re-entry. After all, it is only two steps: re-paste the auction number, then mentally recall and re-enter your intended max bid. It seems to me that the effort required is worth the security provided.
---Ron

P.S. I'm sure Mario will decide wisely in this matter and hope that he will post his decision and reasoning.
tigting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops--
I am overthinking here. Security would not be an issue as the data would captured and only be used for a snipe after successful login. MY BAD.
rickyk4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
jackw8233 wrote:
you need to fix it so when you type in a bid but then have to renew your sign in ,that the bid is posted as soon as sign in is complete instead of having to retype and resubmit the bid.I think ebay and gun broker have this feature.

I'm not certain what you mean.

Are you suggesting that if you schedule snipes here on Gixen, then go and change your password on eBay, then log in here with your new eBay password, that the snipes you previously scheduled for that account should be translated to have the new password?

If so, I think its a security issue as far as Mario is concerned, so he doesn't want to do that.

After having read jackw8233's message over and over again, I think what he's talking about is when you've left your Gixen window logged in a long time without activity, it will eventually time out. When you try to go in and place your bid after that long wait, you'll be asked to log back into Gixen. And you'll lose any bids you were trying to enter prior to Gixen timing out.
rickyk4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigting wrote:
If your current gixen session has timed out, you are still able to start to schedule another snipe. It is only when you have entered the data in the input boxes and hit enter (or clicked the ADD button) that you find that a current login is required. At this point, data must be reentered. If I understand jackw8233, he would appreciate the fact that the data had been captured and his snipe had been scheduled without data reentry.

Oops, sorry, I think I came to the same conclusion as you without first reading your message.
tigting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario--
If you decide to implement this suggestion, there is another instance that is similar. If your Gixen session has timed out (after two hours of inactivity), you can still check a current auction price by clicking the item# link. If the auction has exceeded your snipe, you might chose to delete the item. When you hit delete, another Gixen log in is forced, but the deletion has to be done again. It would be cleaner for the deletion to proceed immediately upon re-login.
---Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.