Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bidding ended with gixen bidding.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disco*biscuits

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: bidding ended with gixen bidding. Reply with quote

Gixen didn't even bid on 290293529844
my 1st time did I do something wrong or is it a glitch?
I was refreshing the gixen page a few times in the last seconds of the auction, did that screw things up?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status did Gixen show for the snipe after the auction had finished and what was the amount of the maximum bid that you set with Gixen?

How were you refreshing? Pushing the Reload or Refresh buttons in your browser is not really a good idea as it can resubmit the page and may appear to Gixen (and any website that operates like Gixen) that you are continually making edits when all you wanted to do was update the page.

On Gixen if you want an update on the timing and status it is better just to push the Add button without entering any auction number or maximum bid amount.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should never use Gixen watch an auction. You should call up the auction from eBay and watch it from there. Yes, you could use the Add button to avoid confusing Gixen, as Mark suggested, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you're going to watch the final seconds of an auction, open the eBay auction page and watch it from there. Besides, eBay has more exciting pictures and colors. Very Happy

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do agree with John,

Gixen is not the best place to watch auctions, it is best left to do what it does best, i.e. sniping auctions.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: bidding ended with gixen bidding. Reply with quote

disco*biscuits wrote:
I was refreshing the gixen page a few times in the last seconds of the auction, did that screw things up?

You made your final edit only 26 seconds before auction end. The minimum time required is 2 minutes.
disco*biscuits

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: bidding ended with gixen bidding. Reply with quote

O dear that must have been me pressing the reload button.
Well I have learn t something from this,
Thanks everyone!

mario wrote:
disco*biscuits wrote:

You made your final edit only 26 seconds before auction end. The minimum time required is 2 minutes.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that shouldn't have happened either. I fixed this a long ago, nowdays if you click on "refresh" after making an edit, you should get an error message "Error: data re-posted. Please do not refresh your screen after edit by clicking on "Refresh". "

What exactly were you doing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.