Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Add "Shipping Cost" field

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Add "Shipping Cost" field Reply with quote

Some items have a high shipping and handling cost that makes bidding too much not worth it if the shipping cost is too high. So it would be nice to compare when you have a group of items you can add the difference with the different shipping cost relative to the bid amount. That way you can see if it is worth putting the same bid amount for each one in the group where the shipping cost are different.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True - one complication is different shipping rates for different countries. I'll see what I can do though.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm logged in to my own account and the seller has actually specified the postage cost to my location as part of the listing process (not just in the description) eBay usually displays that shipping cost on the listing.

However I accept that's probably a very different process from the way gixen works when setting up snipes. I guess it doesn't log in at all during this process?
redrosecounty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Postage Costs Reply with quote

Your site is awesome - I have won my first, albeit small, snipe already. The postage would be a fabulous addition, if it were possible.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Postage Costs

btamxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Add shipping cost field. Reply with quote

I too would like to be able to see the total cost of the item without having to refer back to the eBay site. It is not really bad to have to do that it way but it will simply be a little less cumbersome.

If shipping is impossible to get from eBay, then we would at least be able to type it in ourselves when we list the item in GIXEN.

Thanks.

Bill
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, this is very difficult to implement for several reasons, most notably different shipping rates for different zip codes / countries. If sniping services were allowed to use eBay API, this would make it much easier. By scraping pages, this would be a huge effort.
farwest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like shipping to be added to calc total cost. As we all know, shipping costs, particularly on small items, are a significant portion of the total cost.

The addition of shipping doesn't need to be automatically generated by Gixen - a space for us to note the cost ourselves would be great.

In fact, a small box to add comments/notes would be most helpful to keep track of each item if needed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I too am missing the SHIPPING FIELD - makes it hard to update snipes after they have been entered from the ebay page.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hoping some brilliant programmer will come along and write a client side auction management application that uses the Gixen API. Something along the lines of JBidWatcher would be ideal. Then, people could have all the auction management features available via their eBay watch list and all Gixen would have to do is place bids.

Of course a shipping field would be convenient, it just makes no sense for this to be supplied by the Gixen server.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is worth mentioning why such a field would not be very useful to many of us even if it were available.

I have to look at the auction page in order to decide what snipe price I am willing to schedule (I do take account of comments such as 'this item is broken, it doesn't work at all'), also taken into account at that stage is the shipping cost which is simply deducted from the maximum amount that I am willing to pay in order to come up with the amount I'm willing to bid.

So I've already taken it into account the shipping cost in the snipe and I've set it to the maximum I am willing to pay anyway, so if the auction price changes all I'm likely to do is delete the snipe, I wont be referring back to the shipping price again from Gixen.
yuzr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: true, already taken into account Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
in order to decide what snipe price I am willing to schedule

As all bidders do.
That static element thereby remains "built-in", no longer of consequence.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: true, already taken into account Reply with quote

yuzr wrote:

As all bidders do.
That static element thereby remains "built-in", no longer of consequence.

Again, I'm sorry, I dont understand what point you are making, please could you explain in more detail.
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's agreeing with you, Mark. I just don't think all bidders actually do (even though they should). Very Happy

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
yuzr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: true, already taken into account Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
explain in more detail.

There is no more, I simply wanted to support the paticular point that
Cupid wrote:
already taken it into account the shipping cost

The point matters because creeping program bloat is
justifuabke only by things far weightier than redundancies.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah,

Yes, thanks I understand now, I wasn't sure whether you were agreeing with me or had an argument as to why I might be wrong, in which case it deserved a fair and better hearing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.