Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

People are stupid when they bid!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyk4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: People are stupid when they bid! Reply with quote

I just finished losing about 20 auctions in a row inside a group! I was bidding on a product available through multiple sources, some of them on auction, some of them on BuyNow. I had checked the lowest buy now price + shipping, and set my bids on auctions to about $0.25 less than the lowest BuyNow price. I figured people would be going to auction to get a better price than with BuyNow price. Boy was I wrong, they did absolutely no research! I was consistently losing bids by $1 or $2 over the best BuyNow price. This is a huge percentage difference considering that the item was less than $5! Surprised

I could've tried looking for more auctions of the item, but I had had enough. I just went with the BuyNow price. I figured it was the best price if people are going to be bidding that stupidly over this price!
what is this post about

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes mmmm.... why dont you just use buy it now and be done with it???? Rolling Eyes if there are so many of this item at auction and buy it now and you want it well..........just buy it Rolling Eyes
rickyk4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is this post about wrote:
Rolling Eyes mmmm.... why dont you just use buy it now and be done with it???? Rolling Eyes if there are so many of this item at auction and buy it now and you want it well..........just buy it Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I know, but when you're bargain hunting, you're in a sense actually hunting, and not buying it at the supermarket. It seems if you're willing to wait for your game to get into position, and it's snapped out by someone who should actually be buying it at the supermarket, it's a little annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.