Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

group bidding for more than one item of the same type?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyk4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: group bidding for more than one item of the same type? Reply with quote

I'm trying to buy two units of something. There's many of the items available, but they are all being sold singularly per auction. What if I were to group bid on these things and put quantity as "2"? Assuming I won the first one, would the Gixen just keep bidding through the list until I won the second one too?

Or would I have to group each unit into a separate group of its own and bid for them separately?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quantity only relates to the single auction for which you are placing a snipe.

So unless that auction has more than one on sale gixen will not buy two for you by keeping the group open once it has won a single auction.

I think the way I would do this using gixen is to have a group for the first and then set up another once I had won that.

Its not an ideal solution I know.
rickyk4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I think the way I would do this using gixen is to have a group for the first and then set up another once I had won that.

Its not an ideal solution I know.

Okay, so as I understand it, once you've won one of them, the remaining auctions in the group get canceled. However, they remain on screen for another few days before they are automatically purged. Is it possible to reactivate parts of the list that haven't expired? Perhaps by editing them to resubmit them?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyk4 wrote:
Is it possible to reactivate parts of the list that haven't expired? Perhaps by editing them to resubmit them?

Sure, you can edit them. As for the multiple-item-listings, note that the price you enter is per item, and that ebay proxy bidding may not work - the price you enter is the actual price you will pay.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject:

juangrande

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Sure, you can edit them. As for the multiple-item-listings, note that the price you enter is per item, and that ebay proxy bidding may not work - the price you enter is the actual price you will pay.

While it is true that multiple-item-listings (also called dutch auctions) work differently than regular auctions, it is not necessarily the case that the price per item that you bid will be the actual price per item that you will pay unless you bid for and win all the available items.

The closing auction price per item in a dutch auction is the amount of the lowest winning bid. If you bid for all the available items and win, then your bid is the lowest winning bid (since you won all the items and there are no other winning bids) and in this case you will pay the price per item that you bid. However, if you bid for fewer than the total number of items available, then you will often pay quite a bit less per item than your bid since someone else's bid will be the lowest winning bid.

Rather than rattle on about dutch auctions, I would encourage anyone planning on bidding on a dutch auction to read eBay's help page at http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/buyer-multiple.html Dutch auctions work significantly different than standard eBay auctions and it is advisable to understand how they work before bidding on one.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clarifying this John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.