Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Show currency symbol?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avsupermarket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Show currency symbol? Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

Is there any chance that in the "Bid" and "Current" columns on the snipe list in Gixen, you could display the currency symbol alongside each item?

So instead of having simply arbitrary numeric value of say "106" we can see that it's in Dollars or Pounds.

I create snipes on the UK and US sites at the same time and it's really confusing looking up & down my snipe list and panicking that I've put in a wildly high bid, when in fact the bid is in USD !

If it's not possible to show a currency symbol them perhaps a column showing a flag icon, to denote which eBay site the item is on? That would be a clue.

All the best,

Steve
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do Steve. It became more complicated as of recent, as ebay is gradually introducing a new interface, plus now I have to support multiple target sites. So supporting all these different types of item pages is a lot of work.
haydent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

i like the idea, maybe it is easier just to mention the site domain suffix it is listed on instead ??? ie .co.uk
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont thinl that would be easier to ascertain as it involves working out the location of the seller.

In any case it is quite possible to list items in any currency on any site, so for instance its quite common for items listed on .co.uk to be in US dollars and not in Pounds sterling. Sellers often do that when they are targetting the American market even though they are located in the UK.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.