Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Group bid needs ~40min. to cancel next snipe after winning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenhope

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Group bid needs ~40min. to cancel next snipe after winning Reply with quote

My first experience with using group bids (to snipe the same item being offered in multiple auctions) was too successful: I'd read that they shouldn't end within about 20 min. of each other or else you might end up winning both - but even after carefully timing my group bids, I ended up winning 2 items instead of just the first, even though they were 39min10sec apart (around 9am PST Sunday (yesterday) morning).

Not a major tragedy since luckily I can use both items, but it might save other users some grief if the instructions were updated to specify at least 40 minutes (or longer?) instead of only 20 between subsequent snipes in the same bidgroup? (I now see that as of Oct. 4, "minimum of 10 seconds between group bids should be enough now [AYOR]" but that seems a little too optimistic at the moment... ;-)

(Great new service otherwise tho, Mario, thanks for all your hard work!)
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhope,

2 minutes should be more than enough. If you won two grouped items, it's a big deal, this should never happen.

However, I just checked the logs and I can't see that anything like this ever happened for anyone. Are you sure you used the same group for these items?

Can you please send me item numbers and / or your user id (on email please, you don't have to publish it here), and I will investigate this further.

Mario.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhope,

I think I found your bids, and if I can see well, you used different group numbers for these two bids. Grouped bids should be under the same group number. There is a clear warning of this under the "group" select box.

Mario.
Greenhope

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario,
oops - I already deleted those auctions but I believe you're right - guess that makes me a prime candidate for DAU (Dumbest Assumed User)... Embarassed
Sorry for the false alarm!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.