Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

eBid support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex02053897

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: eBid support? Reply with quote

Anyone else use eBid.net? I love gixen but it only currently supports eBay auctions, it would be awesome if there was the possibility of using it for eBid too. Anyone else think this is a good idea?
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the eBid help files:

uBid displays a countdown to the auction close time. This countdown represents the time you have left to bid on that auction. If a bid is placed within 3 minutes of the auction close time, that auction will go into overtime.

Since eBid uses auction extensions, the purpose of sniping is defeated. I will not bid on such auctions.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Keith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBid is real auctions & buy it now very simular to eBay very different to uBid bidding system.

There is no script/service offering sniping support for eBid although should be possible to be possible to snipe on eBid
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I must have confused the two, Keith. Sorry.

By the way, didn't you say you could use the Gixen API with JBidWatcher so that one could use the JBidWatcher interface to enter snipes on Gixen? That would sure be cool.

--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Keith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBidWatcher earns money using eBay commission program forgot the name, so it would be unlikely for Jbid to add gixen as a sniping target.

So.. this would mean modifying Jbid source to add gixen.

A lot simper solution would to be add a greasemonkey script to the Jbid localhost to push the information to gixen.... much like autosnipe.

I use a simmular solution using prospector and a greasemonkey script to snipe though gixen.
Cyberfox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd clarify... JBidwatcher doesn't make money via affiliates. (eBay explicitly disallows affiliate use for sniping software and sites, otherwise Gixen could be making bank also!) I tried (entirely opt-in on the part of users, of course) for a little while several years ago when their terms weren't as clear, but eBay sicced their lawyers on me.

Outside of the gracious donations of users, JBidwatcher doesn't make any more money than Gixen, and possibly less as I haven't found a good way to charge even $6/year. Smile I'm working on it though, if I can keep the main application free and provide extra services, maybe...

I wrote JBidwatcher so that people wouldn't have to give their eBay username and password to a web site that they have no control over. Still, if you're going to (and for some users there are reasonable reasons to make that choice), I like the looks of Gixen.

-- Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your kind words Morgan, likewise I recommend JBidWatcher as a standalone sniping tool for those who are concerned with trusting any service with their username & password.

I'll send you an email to address other issues you mentioned. I think there are some things we could do together here, that would be a win for everybody involved - Gixen, yourself and sniping customers.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a JBidWatcher fan that would be absolutely delighted to spend $6 per year (or more) for a JBidWatcher subscription if it allowed me to include Gixen as a target. The auction management features of JBidWatcher are the perfect complement to Gixen and to have them work together would be a boon to both. What a delight to hear from you, Morgan!

--- Yogi Berra
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you are reading my mind - I already sent an email to Morgan regarding this. I think it would be a win-win-win for everybody - Morgan, Gixen, and the customers.
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mario! There's another reason it would be great if JBidWatcher could act as a user interface to Gixen: we could answer nearly all the requests for new features with "JBidWatcher already has that feature". Cool

--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.