Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

simply great!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: simply great! Reply with quote

before a while i also won my first auction using automated sniping! i've did this on my own sometimes but you can't be always in front of your computer.

awesome service, keep it up gixen guys you are no1!
dude

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: simply great! Reply with quote

fantastic!

This bring fairness back to buyers. You decide how much you really are prepared to pay, then there's no long-winded bidding-up process that only benefits the fat sellers.

all buyers should use this.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: simply great! Reply with quote

dude wrote:
This bring fairness back to buyers. You decide how much you really are prepared to pay, then there's no long-winded bidding-up process that only benefits the fat sellers.

My personal view has never been that sniping is an anti seller practice, more the anti non informed buyer most sensible option.

Nothing has ever forced buyers to place bids above what they are prepared to pay, as nothing forces sellers to offer items at a starting price below which they are prepared to sell. We should also consider that without good sellers eBay would not be worth considering at all by buyers.

When a sniper wins an auction the seller, more often, gains the advantage of a buyer that pays quickly and doesn't try to haggle the price down again because snipers have completed their research before deciding what to bid and are happy to pay the final auction price. All the seller has to do is keep their end of the bargain and they will also, more often, receive fair and positive feedback for the transaction.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Mark!

Another way of looking at this is to observe that an eBay auction is a modified form of sealed-bid second-price auction, also called a Vickrey auction. The appropriate way to bid in such an auction is to bid once with the maximum amount you would be willing to pay. That is how eBay recommends that people bid, and if everyone bid that way, sniping would be irrelevant. All sniping does is protect one's bid from being unsealed until it is too late for another bidder to react to it. As Mark mentioned, sniping is not in any way anti-seller, it simply prevents other bidders from reacting to your bid. It's the people who place lowball bids in the hope of winning cheaply that are anti-seller and vulnerable to being beaten by snipers.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject:

jason_gr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another victorious auction for gixen!
Yeeehaaa!!!

Very Happy

Gixen guys you are terrific, i'm seriously thinking to pay the annual amount of 6$ which is indeed a bargain!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.