Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

questions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
decipherfreak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: questions... Reply with quote

can someone tell me how gixen works? like if i already bid on an item, i do put my maximum bid into gixen? if someone outbids the price i put into gixen then i lose right?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only ever advisable to bid directly on eBay, as well as bidding via gixen if your first low bid is to knock out a high 'Buy It Now' price to prevent someone buying it at that price.

It doesn't actually matter if you do though, its just likely that the price you pay in the end will be higher if your bid attracts more interest and hence bids from others.

Always place the absolute maximum amount that you are willing to pay with gixen, its your last chance as that bid goes in at the very end of the auction.

The highest bid accepted by eBay always wins, so yes if someone is prepared to place a bid higher than you, at any time during the auction they will win.

It's not magic, gixen cant win things just by bidding later than everyone else, but by doing so it prevents others responding to your bid.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Mark already answered your question in detail, perhaps it would help if I pointed out that all Gixen does is place the bid you enter with eBay seconds before the auction closes. Its effect is no different than if you had placed the bid manually. In fact, if you have an exceptionally reliable internet connection and are able to be at your computer at all the odd times the auctions you're interested in end, then you could place your snipes manually. The beauty of Gixen is that it frees you from all that hassle.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
decipherfreak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the explanation.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.