Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Why didn't my bid happen?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pixiecoo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Why didn't my bid happen? Reply with quote

Hi all.

Have just posted this on one of the other Forums but it looks like this is where it is supposed to be.

I've used Gixen a couple of times now and been happy. Great product - thank you. But the other night I missed one and don't understand why. I'm not upset but would just like to know what happened.

Please see eBay item 250262723153. I put a Gixen snipe in for 16.51 but it didn't do it. When I checked Gixen next day it said bid under asking price. But 16.51 is clearly more than 16.19 which won. What happened do you think?

And if it is because of bid increments what am I missing? I thought I had that handled - I checked and it needs to be 50p, so I put it in for the 51p. Thanks all
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be one increment above the current high bid - so in this case it had to be 16.19 + 0.50 = 16.69.
pixiecoo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: bid didn't work Reply with quote

Hi mario

thanks for your reply (read it ages ago). Isn't that interesting??!! I had never understood that about increments. I can see that it makes sense as opposed to what I had thought .. that at say a 50p increment it needed to be $2.51 then $3.01 etc. So the highest bid does NOT always win. It has to be the highest bid and with the required increment margin.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct. Bid increment is the only thing that does not work in sniper's favour.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.