Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Cannot log in - says bad password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
repeters1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Cannot log in - says bad password Reply with quote

Hi, This looks like a great site only I can't log in. I have no special caracter, just letters and a number but I get the message incorrect password. I double checked to make sure the spelling was correct, I logged in & out of eBay several times with no problem butstill I get the same message on this site. Help?? Thanks, Pete
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any special characters in your ebay username? Anything other unusual about your username and/or password?
repeters1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Cannot log in - says bad password Reply with quote

No, no special characters, just letters and a number. IAs I said, I can log in from eBay's site but your system tells me bad password.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please try again? I turned on more logging, it should provide me with more info.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject:

repeters1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Cannot log in - says bad password Reply with quote

Just tried. Here's what I got still. "Password is not a match. Could not log you in."
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite puzzled with this - and can't find why this fails for you. Can you test it with a different browser, or even better, different machine?
repeters1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Can't log in Reply with quote

Yahoo!! I'm in! Don't know what happened but I'm up and bidding Razz .Thanks for the support. This looks like a great site. Can't beat the price or the great support. Thanks again. Pete Very Happy
MikeH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Me too! Reply with quote

I am hitting the same problem - "Password not a match" Shocked

Probably finger trouble the first couple of times Embarassed , but I tried cut and paste my ID into both the ebay login screen and Gixen. And Ebay lets me in.

There are underscores in my ebay ID, otherwise only upper&lower case alpha in my id/password.

I normally use firefox, but it also does it with IE6

Idea I am in the UK, and normally log in to ebay.co.uk rather than .com - could that be relevant? Auctiva used to display everything as dollars instead of pounds (but it still worked OK), though they have now fixed that.
MikeH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - this forum wouldn't let me post the above until I changed pounds and dollars from signs to words..
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, please don't give up, rather help me fix the problem.
Try one more time, I turned logging on again. It will probably still fail, but I will get more debug information this time.
MikeH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Password not a Match Reply with quote

Still won't let me in. Sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what is your ebay username? You don't have to post it here, it's fine if you email it to me. Do not send your password over email.
passing german

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same "password is not a match". Lasted 5min then could log in. Code corruption on server side?
I noticed that I could not get the current price of the items I am bidding on though.
I.E usually I had 2 columns one for my bid, one for the current price. This column has disappeared;???
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would also get this message if connection / signin to ebay timeouts. This started happening last night, I'm working on resolving this.

You can no longer see "current price" column if you have more than 5 scheduled snipes. This is a bandwidth saving measure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.