Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Main/Mirror target ebay site -> Germany

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxxMoe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Main/Mirror target ebay site -> Germany Reply with quote

Hallo,
I have a big Problem. All my snipes are done on ebay.com (as I set up in gixen-settings).

But if I buy goods this way I am not able to get "buyer protection" from eBay. If I buy goods directly on ebay.de, I can get the money back from eBay-Germany, if the seller doen't sent the goods.

Is there a possibility to place my snipes at ebay.de. I'm buying many goods on eBay and it costed me up to today about 300 Euro (~400US-D), becouse I can't accuse corrupt sellers.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand... The problem is that this requires maintenance of another set of messages (in German that I don't speak). I'll see what I can do, but can't promise it nor do it quickly Sad.
MaxxMoe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thank you. If i can help you (maybe with german) i'll do Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its not even just a matter of understanding them and translating them, any German/English speaker could make an attempt at that... it involves finding out exactly what messages eBay have chosen for each of the situations in which gixen looks for a message, doesn't it ?

Can you estimate how many messages require this treatment ?... Is it possible that some of your users could help you with the task in any way?

However, I can imagine that this may be a case where explaining how people might help and then interpreting and using their responses might not be any less work for you... but if you can think of any way to reduce your workload I'm sure you would attract some willing helpers.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I spent the evening working on this, and after some testing (and purchased strawberry cake recipes I'll never use), ebay.de is implemented as a target site.

Note that not all the error messages are handled - only the basic flow. If you get an "UNKNOWN ERROR", please email me, and I will add the functionality / appropriate strings. So this will be an ongoing process to improve things for German Gixen users.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
OK, I spent the evening working on this, and after some testing (and purchased strawberry cake recipes I'll never use), ebay.de is implemented as a target site.

Mario,

You never cease to amaze me!
MaxxMoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mario,

I got an error "UNKNOWN ERROR (2)":
"Error log not found. Please contact Gixen support."

What went wrong?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxxMoe wrote:
Hey Mario,

I got an error "UNKNOWN ERROR (2)":
"Error log not found. Please contact Gixen support."

What went wrong?

Its probably a situation that gixen does not detect in German yet (since you posted on this thread I'm assuming that you have .de as your target site?), could you tell us (or email Mario) with the auction number?... As Mario said when he first implemented the feature not all situations are catered for yet and it will be an iterative process to improve it.

You need to wait an hour or so before the log is available via the user interface, so that is probably why the log was not found.
MaxxMoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error comes again and again. On every Snipe I do.
An example for a missed snipe is: #280206663916
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxxMoe wrote:
The error comes again and again. On every Snipe I do.
An example for a missed snipe is: #280206663916

Another "Bid under asking price" message (in German), it's added now. Thanks for reporting it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.