Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Contingency Bid time limit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n2seiko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:03 am    Post subject: Contingency Bid time limit? Reply with quote

LOVE Contingency Bids! Shipping is often a large part of the cost of cheap items. Contingency Bids allow me to:
• Only win items that I consider add-ons if I have won the one item I really want.
• Only win cheap, optional items when I will already be paying shipping for another item from the same seller.

Recently, a Contingency Bid failed to function properly. In the attached (Remove the dashes, follow the link.) screenshot 2 items are "Contingency group: 3". The 2 auctions ended 20 hours apart, on different days. I had 4 unrelated snipes between the 2 "Contingency group: 3" bids. I lost the first auction in "Contingency group: 3". (The seller changed the minimum bid price to higher than my snipe.) Instead of saying, "CANCELED" as expected, the second auction in "Contingency group: 3" said "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE" when it ended.

Is there a time limit between Contingency Bids?
Is there a number-of-bids-between contingency items limit?
If "No." to both of the above, why did my Contingency Bid fail to cancel the second item?

LOVING Gixen for years,

Allan

h-t-t-p-s://i.imgur.com/4j2q4U3.png
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you maybe edit the second item after the first had completed, if so that would be a reason for this behaviour.
n2seiko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I never edited the second "Contingency group: 3" snipe. As soon as the seller raised the minimum bid on the first "Contingency group: 3" auction from $1 to $70 (far above my snipe amount) I assumed the second snipe would be cancelled.

Thanks for the reply and thank you for explaining one potential problem for contingency bids; editing later snipes after earlier snipes complete.
n2seiko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
Today, I set 2 "Contingency group: 1" snipes.
There are 8 unrelated snipes set between the 2 "Contingency group: 1" snipes. (More snipes in between than when the glitch occurred.)
The 2 "Contingency group: 1" snipes end 24 hours and 40 minutes apart. (A longer time than when the glitch occurred.)
Gixen worked perfectly. As soon as I lost the first auction, the second snipe was cancelled.

This makes the glitch detailed above even more of a mystery. Oh well. I couldn't care less what caused the glitch, if it never happens again.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.