Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Question: Will gixen keep your bid if you are outbid?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject: Question: Will gixen keep your bid if you are outbid? Reply with quote

I have seen an auction where I was going to bid on something and decided not to, and noticed that the ending bid was less than the amount when I saw it. Like someone posted a high bid early on to keep others away and a bit before the end of the auction, retracted it and they had a considerably lower shill bid in place that won. Or so I suspect.

I am curious if I tell gixen to snipe on an auction, and a day later my snipe is outbid, is gixen done, or does it keep an eye on the auction still and if the high bid gets retracted, kick back in and snipe the auction for me?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Gixen will not cancel your snipe in these circumstances, you may however decide to delete it, then there's obviously nothing that Gixen can do to advise you that you might want to add it again.

What you are talking about is known as bid shielding and there are even some measures implemented in Gixen to help combat its use as detailed here:

https://www.gixen.com/blog/bid-shielding-ebay/

and here:

https://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10296
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.