Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"Set up 2 step verification\"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coreywt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:03 am    Post subject: \"Set up 2 step verification\" Reply with quote

eBay wants me to setup 2 step verification every time I log in. Does setting it up OR not affect Gixen's access to snipe for me?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't hinder Gixen because Gixen uses the authorisation you give it to place bids on Ebay for you. It doesn't log in like you do, in fact it has no access to your Ebay password at all.
Rayp

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject: 2 Step Verification Reply with quote

Are you 100% sure about that? I had a snipe for the first time ever fail with this message "invalid authorization". I went through link to reauthorize, but it said I was already set up with token for months in advance and my subscription as well. Only thing I can think of is I set up 2 step authentication with Ebay before making this snipe, first one since doing that and it failed. Don't want to lose other items, and I don't see a way of getting gixen approved for that, so was that really a fluke? Ebay item #374704409790 if you need to see those details.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm sure that having a valid authorisation and having two step verification enabled on Ebay will allow snipes to be placed by Gixen.

HOWEVER, changing the status of your Ebay account from not requiring two step verification to require it from then on may well also invalidate the authorisation that Gixen holds a reference to... and it almost certainly will if, at the same time, you change your Ebay password.

So, whenever you change that status I recommend that you re-authorise Gixen to place snipes again. Or, alternatively, once you have it working don't keep changing that feature on Ebay.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:11 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.