Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auto renew?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mabell007

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Auto renew? Reply with quote

I thought I signed up for auto renew payments via PayPal, but it is not clear. I would like to confirm but when I click on extend it looks like I will be billed immediately. How can I insure my term in on autopay into the future to lock in my rate?
DerekS54

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:42 am    Post subject: Similar Experience Reply with quote

I have had a similar experience.
My current subscription was due in July but in response to Marios email decided to renew now, at the same time setting up an auto payment. My subscription shows that I will now renew in June. Maybe Mario will adjust but if so then he will have to continue to do so every two years or he may have some way of juggling things with PayPal.
I am not bothered with losing a month but there does seem to be an accounting system problem here.
Derek
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you sign up for a recurring payment, the first payment is taken immediately. This is because of the way Paypal have chosen to implement this feature as a push from them, not as a result of a request from Gixen.

However, all payments received by Gixen result in a corresponding extension to your subscription period, so it isn't true to say that anything is being lost in that process.

However, if you have extra months of subscription that you don't really need Mario is always willing to provide a partial refund (obviously with a reduction to the subscription period as a result), just email him the details to the support address provided on the Contact page and I'm sure he'll sort that out for you.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ebaisian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject: Renewal of sub Reply with quote

In response to Mario's email I too wanted to change my subscription to a renewing one, from my current two-year sub which expires in June '23, but I can't seem to find a link to do it.

Any clues would be warmly welcomed.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject: Renewal of sub

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me for any assistance needed. Non-aligned payment date with subscription expiry I can fix with partial refunds.

To answer the other question - subscription information and payment history can be seen on the Gixen settings page.
Shadow Lord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject: Subscription status still not clear... Reply with quote

Hi,

I can't remember if I switched to recurring billing or just paid for two years last time. So I checked under subscriptions in settings and it is still not clear if I am signed up for recurring billing or not. All I get is "Your Gixen mirror subscription is good until Sat, Nov 18, 2023" plus my past payment history. It would be nice if in big bold letters there was an indication that a user is on recurring billing or not. How can I determine this through Gixen's site?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're having trouble interpreting what the Gixen site is telling you, you can also check your Paypal account, because scheduled/recurring payments will also be detailed there.
Shadow Lord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
If you're having trouble interpreting what the Gixen site is telling you, you can also check your Paypal account, because scheduled/recurring payments will also be detailed there.

Yes I know I can figure it out from my PayPal account. However, Mario's comment indicated that the information was available from subscriptions in settings. This isn't working for me hence my question.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't just mean that Paypal holds a record of your payments, it also shows a record of all the recurring payments you have authorised with them, indeed that's where you would need to go if you wanted to cancel an ongoing subscription.
Shadow Lord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I don't just mean that Paypal holds a record of your payments, it also shows a record of all the recurring payments you have authorised with them, indeed that's where you would need to go if you wanted to cancel an ongoing subscription.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Again my question isn't "can I find this info elsewhere". It relates to the settings page for the gixen.com site. Thanks though.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me and include your username and I will check this for you.
Shadow Lord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Please email me and include your username and I will check this for you.

Mario,

Thanks. Email sent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.