Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Status (main): INVALID AUTHORIZATION

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparkesii

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Status (main): INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

I have just attempted to bid ÂGBP 205 for and item that sold for ÂGBP 181. When GIXEN attempted to make my (potentially wining) bid I received this message:

Item: 144543524031
Title: Pecar Berlin 4x Scope
Seller: melglan0
Status (main): INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Status (mirror): INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Your maximum bid: 205.00
Current price: 181.00

What went wrong and how do I avoid it happening next time?

Kind Regards
Sparkesii
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What it means is that when Gixen tried to place the bid, Ebay returned a response indicating that the authorisation you gave Gixen to place bids on your behalf is no longer valid. Authorisations get expired by Ebay 18 months after you grant them and they can also get revoked if you change your Ebay credentials, e.g. if you change your password on Ebay.

I think the best advice is probably to renew it using the second section of the Settings page as detailed in this blog. It costs you nothing and only takes a couple of minutes to complete.

That said, it might have been a temporary Ebay issue and that the authorisation continues to work for future snipes. I personally noticed one of these the other day, but it was in amongst many other wins that were all happening just before and after that one and in any case, when I looked at the auction I would not have won as it ended up at a price above my snipe amount. So, since I already knew the authorisation had been used for later successful snipes I decided not to renew it at this time, but if it happens again I certainly will.

So, out of interest, did you also have many snipes happening just around the time of that failed snipe or was it all on its own ?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it was a stand alone bid.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best off to renew the authorisation then, as I suggested, there's certainly no harm doing that, having a more up to date authorisation can only ever be an advantage.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

Sparkesii

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: Status (main): INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

Thanks Mark, I think I have fixed it now. It was an isolated bid not one of several.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.