Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

won two auctions in grouped snipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amorphous411

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:29 am    Post subject: won two auctions in grouped snipe Reply with quote

I entered many snipes for the same article (using the same group). Unfortunately, I won two auctions. I double-checked that I indeed used the same group number everywhere.

Can this happen when the end dates of two grouped auctions are close together? Did not see anything in the FAQ regarding this

I guess my best course of action is trying to cancel one of the sales? (Nothing expensive, so might just bite the bullet and buy them both.)
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: won two auctions in grouped snipe Reply with quote

amorphous411 wrote:
Did not see anything in the FAQ regarding this

From the FAQ page:

Quote:
Do you support group bids?
Yes. Group bids can be used for items that do not have end times within 2 minutes of each other. Be careful not to group items too close to each other by end time, or you might win all of them. In addition there are two more types of groups available only to mirror subscribers: contingency groups and multi-win groups. Contingency groups are opposite of normal groups: the first lost item cancels all the others in the same group. Multi-win groups are like regular groups, but allow you to specify more than one item to win: e.g. you can win 2, 3 or more items before the remaining items in the same groups are canceled.

amorphous411

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: won two auctions in grouped snipe Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
amorphous411 wrote:
Did not see anything in the FAQ regarding this

From the FAQ page:

Quote:
Do you support group bids?
Yes. Group bids can be used for items that do not have end times within 2 minutes of each other. Be careful not to group items too close to each other by end time, or you might win all of them. In addition there are two more types of groups available only to mirror subscribers: contingency groups and multi-win groups. Contingency groups are opposite of normal groups: the first lost item cancels all the others in the same group. Multi-win groups are like regular groups, but allow you to specify more than one item to win: e.g. you can win 2, 3 or more items before the remaining items in the same groups are canceled.

Thanks, that explains it. (I saw the heading "Do you support group bids" but did not click through, only read "Can I schedule group bids where the remaining bids are canceled once an item in the group is won", somehow expecting the answer to the first question to just be "yes" and the second to contain more detail - lesson learned.)
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend that new users read the whole of the FAQ page.

That said, those two questions should probably be amalgamated into one.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.