Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE: EBAY BID INCREMENT RULE NOT MET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE: EBAY BID INCREMENT RULE NOT MET Reply with quote

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE: EBAY BID INCREMENT RULE NOT MET. What does it mean? Winning amount was lower than my ask.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay bidding rules are that any bid will be rejected if it is less than one bid increment more than the current auction price.

Since prices rise with each accepted bid from a new bidder and many leave bidding late, some by using services like Gixen, the price tends to rise fast at the end of the auction.

It is for this reason that I favour longer offsets, so that my bid is placed, and hopefully accepted, before some of the latest snipers have scheduled their bid to happen and it's them that is caught out by this rule, and not my bid.
byreyrey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

It is for this reason that I favour longer offsets, so that my bid is placed, and hopefully accepted, before some of the latest snipers have scheduled their bid to happen and it's them that is caught out by this rule, and not my bid.

Could you please elaborate?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byreyrey wrote:
Cupid wrote:

Could you please elaborate?

The later you bid the more likely the price is to be higher, because more bids might have been accepted by Ebay from other snipers.

The higher the auction price the more likely your bid is to be within one bid increment of the auction price, even if it is still more than anyone else has bid.

Therefore the later you schedule your bid to be the more likely you are to get your bid rejected by Ebay due to the bid increment rule.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, you want your bid to arrive late enough not to leave manual users to change their bid, yet early enough to arrive *before* other pre-scheduled bids that don't depend on what you do.

My favourite offset is 8 seconds, I use it for all auctions I bid on. 3 seconds and lower is good for the thrill of it, but my opinion is that 8 seconds is ideal.

However - note that this matters less than you would think. Being outsniped is relatively rare.
byreyrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
My favourite offset is 8 seconds, I use it for all auctions I bid on.

Thanks for the suggestion. Funny enough I tried it on the same item as it ended up being relisted due to the buyer bailing. I got it for $40 cheaper this go round.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.