Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

changing/deleting paypal account while maintaing my subscri

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckiecage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: changing/deleting paypal account while maintaing my subscri Reply with quote

I am closing my paypal account and currently have a recurring subscription, two questions,
1 is there any other form of payment accepted? I would prefer not to have to open another paypal account just to fund this subscription.
2. but if I must, then how do I change the paypal address you will bill without extending my subscription?

after reading the forum my only thought is to buy another subscription a few days before the current one ends in Oct 22, but that require me to be organized, sadly, I am not, which is why I use Gixin in the first place, (every time I use it, it's like Christmas when I receive the notification that I won something I forgot about)
so if you have a better way or a different payment method we can attach please let me know.
Thanks, C
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware Paypal is the only payment processor that Gixen currently supports.

The way that Paypal works is that they are the ones that pish the payment to Gixen, it's not like with high street banks where you can set things up so that certain payees can request whatever amount they need to cover what you owe them.

So, by closing your Paypal account you'll be cancelling that arrangement and they will no longer send payments to Gixen on a regular basis. Of course you've already paid for the subscription you are using so your account won't be downgraded until what you've already paid for has been used up.

You might however find that the term of your subscription gets reduced since Gixen will be informed of the termination the recurring payment going forward, and since there is a discount for setting this up, you'd no longer be eligible for that discount, I'm aware that there were plans to therefore reduce the term accordingly, I'm not certain they have yet been fully implemented though.

As you say you can always set up another arrangement when your subscription does expire, I'm sure you'll get some communication just before that happens, but even if not you'll certainly notice if your account gets downgraded the next time you come to set up a new snipe.

Of course, you'll have to take the offer that best suites your needs that is available at that time, and that may not be as good as the one you are benefiting from right now. Prices have risen slightly over the last few years. It's hardly going to break the bank though, it's only going to be a few cents more, per year, than what you may have been paying up until now.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email me around the time your mirror subscription expires - I will honour your current pricing when you re-subscribe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.