Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

You are not eligible to bid on this item.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIFFYBUNNY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:12 am    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item. Reply with quote

Hello,

This is my 1st experience at Gixen and I am deeply disappointed to find out that my bid failed due to 'You are not eligible to bid on this item' message which is shown in 'My Snipes' page, and which many people seem to report here as being the reason of their bidding failure.

Item number is : 224703449105

I feel very sad and unfair about this especially because I would easily have been the successful bidder if it were not for that issue.

Since I don't think there is a chance of me getting the item anyway, what I would like to know is -----what should I do to avoid this issue from happening ever again? Should I bid manually anyway? Or contact ebay?

Thank you in advance.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what Ebay themselves suggest:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/buying-limits/buying-restrictions?id=4012

There is no harm contacting them and asking them directly why their system rejected your bid, however customer support staff don't necessarily have all the access required to be able to investigate specific cases as much as we might expect or like... but the more people ask the more it is likely that they will be provided with the access and skills required to directly answer such questions.

Another tactic is to place low opening bids on items you want to snipe just to check whether your bidding on that item is restricted in any way, then schedule the snipe once you know you can place a bid. If having done that you still get this status eventually then that is something that Mario could take back to Ebay to find out why there's an inequity between manual bidding and Gixens' method of registering your bid with Ebay in the last seconds of the auction, up until now, for obvious reasons, I think he has very few, if any, examples like that, so if you were able to discover one you'd also be doing the Gixen community a favour.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a more detailed message as received from eBay. They want to verify your account.

To ensure that eBay remains a safe marketplace, we limit the quantity of items that can be bought or sold by a single account at one time.
These limits may change over time and are determined by your previous site activity and overall performance. Currently, your account has
reached the limit for bidding and buying, but you can increase this limit by providing additional verification. Thank you for your understanding.

Please follow the directions below to continue:

Receive an automated call at the the phone number we have on file for you.
Remember the PIN (Personal Identification Number) you receive during the call.
Return to eBay and enter the PIN.

Click here to Place call: https://www.riskremedyweb.ebay.co.uk/rrw?clientUsecase=SCR
numisuno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item. Reply with quote

Hi,
I just had the same problem this afternoon and message "You are not eligible to bid on this item". But ebay have let me bid on the unsold relisted same item tonight.

item number 294582570485
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item.

Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you updated or added any details associated with your Ebay account since your bid was rejected by them ?
numisuno

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Have you updated or added any details associated with your Ebay account since your bid was rejected by them ?

Nope
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite yet conform well enough to what Mario needs to be able to take this back to Ebay... that's because the item your bid has been accepted on is a relisting of the one on which your bid was rejected not the same actual listing on Ebay.

What we really need is one where you've had a bid accepted manually but then a snipe bid is rejected coming via Gixen... and for obvious reasons that's very hard to get...

Have you also scheduled a snipe for the one that's still running, which you've already placed a bid on ?

For the one that was rejected, Mario, as he did above for MIFFYBUNNY, may be able to get a longer (hopefully more explicit) message from the logs that Gixen produces from the Ebay responses it gets from Ebay. But you may need to email him to alert him that you'd also like him to look into it in that much detail.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a more detailed message:

To ensure eBay remains a safe marketplace, we want to validate your identity before you purchase this item. Thank you for your understanding.
Please follow the directions below to continue:
Receive an automated call at the phone number we have on file for you.
Remember the PIN (Personal Identification Number) you receive during the call.
Submit the PIN number to complete verification.
Click on "Item I last looked at" to make your purchase.
https://www.riskremedyweb.ebay.com/rrw?clientUsecase=SCR
numisuno

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verified my phone number. Hope that solves the problem.

Thank you all.
numisuno

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item. Reply with quote

numisuno wrote:
Verified my phone number. Hope that solves the problem.

Thank you all.

Happened again, Not happy. Evil or Very Mad
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the auction id this time ?

Perhaps the message sent back by Ebay this time was slightly different.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please post the item id or email me and I will take a look.
guybieBB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject: You Are Not Eligible to Bid on this Item Reply with quote

I received this message for a snipe bid on item 224900753601
I had already bid manually on the item before this. The seller is based in Australia, as I am.
This has happened numerous times for me now via Gixen.
Is there a way to stop it from happening?
Guy
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably best if you take that one direct to Mario to take a closer look at (as he has for others above), Guy.

He can be contacted via the support address on the Contact page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.