Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

No way to remove imported watch list?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stook2001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: No way to remove imported watch list? Reply with quote

I used the import function to pull my watch list into Gixen. There are a huge number of auctions that I pulled in. There doesn't seem to be any way to remove them from Gixen aside from manually deleting them one at a time, which is time consuming and cumbersome.

The multi-select seems to throw and error and, regardless, would require clicking the checkbox manually for every single auction. I purged my entire watchlist from ebay and tried to re-load the watch list to Gixen but that also had no impact, oddly enough.

Is there really no way to do this aside from hitting the delete button line by line in Gixen (which, incidentally, is slow since the site locks for a few seconds upon each delete event)?
stook2001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried the desktop manager as well... no functionality for this there either. I really can't understand how this is possible. There must be some semi efficient way of handling this!

Just to add to my first comment, the other issue is that the your position on the UI also bounces around when you delete an item.

I have probably 300 auctions I need to delete -- it's probably 2 hours of manual effort with how poorly implemented this aspect of the site seems to be.
stook2001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error: data re-posted. Please do not refresh your screen after edit by clicking on "Refresh". (3)

This is the error that I get trying to multi select checkboxes and using the X on the header to delete multiple items.

I also discovered another weird bug which is that I seem to have duplicate items loaded from the watch list into Gixen. Not sure what caused this -- perhaps trying to use the Desktop app to re-sync the watch list. The dupes both delete when I delete one of the records.

Overall, the whole list maintenance seems highly cumbersome and buggy. Weird. Guess I am stuck doing handling all this manually. Sad Seems like a really bizarre set of issues given how long the site has been around.
stook2001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thankfully I searched the forum for comments about this and found that the old Gixen site is still available. While still clunky it was WAY quicker to delete all of these auctions from Gixen.

It seems like there are various issues here that really need to be fixed. I realize that the main focus is on the back end sniping functionality, which is great, but these little UI issues are kind of annoying if you are trying to manage a large watch list. Personally, there is no way I will ever import my watchlist again unless this is addressed because it's just far and away too clunky to manage.

As far as the issues:
- somehow I ended up with dupe auctions in the gixen list, not sure of the cause, perhaps clicking import more than once OR running the import from both the new web client and the desktop tool.
- bug when trying to delete more than one auction using the X on the header. Seems to be an issue with the page refresh event or something. Text of the error in previous comment.
- no multi select feature for the checkboxes. Really need to implement something like what Ebay and most other modern sites have with a checkbox in the header that lets you select all with one click.
- when you delete an auction, on the new site, you get a a spinning wheel graphic while the database updates. it's way slower than the old site, I don't know why -- something is less efficient in this code.
- seems like the the table is fully refreshing upon each delete, I think this would be a non-issue if it were possible to delete multiple records at once. But the refresh after each auction is deleted manually, one by one, adds to the clunkyness of the process for the user since it slows the whole process down. Furthermore, the table view bounces around from the top to the bottom of the auction list, which exacerbates the issue somewhat.
- it would also be helpful to have some sort of auction list management so that it's easier to traverse a large list of auctions with some element of grouping or organization.

To be clear, the old site seems to work a lot better in terms of these issues only because it is much faster. The new site is painfully slow given the confluence of issues described above.

This is no longer a problem for me but it could/should be vastly improved in my opinion. For the time being I will never use the watchlist import again. Not worth the trouble given how I use ebay & gixen.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

stook2001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh - I forgot one last thing...

When you reimport the watch list from Ebay, I really don't understand the logic in not simply re-syncing the Gixen list to the Ebay list. I think it's a 100% reasonable expectation that if a user has delete an auction from their Ebay watchlist that they would also want that auction removed from the Gixen list (if there is no Snipe setup for the auction in Gixen).

Had this been implemented in this way, which I think is the most logical assumption for how it would be implemented, then I probably wouldn't have gone down the rabbit hole with all the previously described issues. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.