Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auto refresh? E-mail Notifications?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hixen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Auto refresh? E-mail Notifications? Reply with quote

Just using Gixen for the first time.
Am I correct that there's no auto refresh option for the auction I'm set to snipe?
What happens if I close the browser window or quit the browser? Is there a way to get any sort of reminder or update about the auction, or the fact that a snipe is set to go? Or will my first reminder be from eBay as to whether I've won or lost? Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the auction Gixen servers periodically retrieve updates to the auction price and status and as a result you can be notified by Gixen via email that your snipe will no longer be executed. That option is available on the Settings page which comes up as a result of pushing the 'Settings' button on the snipes page.

However, I'm not certain that is what you are asking, if instead you are asking if the snipes page is dynamic?... That is that it updates itself without any action from yourself ?... Then the answer is, no.

There is a 'Refresh' button on that page which, when selected, updates the status of all items displayed and the prices of the next 20 to be executed.

There is certainly no need to keep your browser open once you've scheduled a snipe, or even your computer switched on. The actual sniping is performed as a background process on a Gixen server.

You don't have to watch Gixen perform it's function you can come back within 2 days of the auction completing to see how it did on the snipes page. Otherwise, yes, Ebay should inform you if you win.
hixen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mark!
hixen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh.. what does this mean? E-mail notifications on but:
<<<<<There is no email address on file for your account. Please contact Gixen support (mirror subscribers only).>>>>>
If I can log in, doesn't that mean you have my e-mail address?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a Mirror subscription ?

It might be during the sign up for Mirror that it populates the email address field.

There is also a field to enter your email address in the Notifications area of the Settings page.

It might be, however, that Notifications are only operative for those with a Mirror subscription.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.