Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Refresh function has not been working under MS-Edge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guyslp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Refresh function has not been working under MS-Edge Reply with quote

The subject pretty much says it, and I don't think it's limited to MS-Edge but haven't checked again today.

My workaround has been hitting the "Purge Old" while snipes are still active, but if your snipe (or snipes) didn't win this eliminates them without having been able to see it.

I'd like to be able to refresh both to see what I won, or lost, and to check what the current time to end of auction is.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the Refresh button on the snipes page ? Not the refresh function of the browser (which is not recommended and why the Refresh button was provided on the page itself) ?

When you say 'not been working', in what way do you mean ? What is happening that does not match your expectations ?

The old method (which still works) was to push the 'Add' button without specifying any snipe data in the boxes.
guyslp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Do you mean the Refresh button on the snipes page?

The old method (which still works) was to push the 'Add' button without specifying any snipe data in the boxes.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. When I hit the Gixen Refresh Button, I expect the information regarding all snipes to be updated, AKA, refreshed.

I'll try "the old method," but since a Refresh function appears to be intended to be part of the new Gixen interface, it would be nice if it worked.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you perhaps expecting it to update all auction price information ?

I don't think it does that, that would be really expensive on server resources if everyone were allowed to repeatedly query the Ebay servers via the Gixen server.

I think it's only intended to update the information Gixen has direct control over, which primarily is the status of the auction snipes.

Here is a thread regarding more auction price updates, as implemented earlier this year:

https://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10190

Any requirement for more than that, in terms of auction price updates and the recommendation is still to use the Gixen Desktop Manager as that uses your own computer to query the Ebay prices and hence does not negatively affect any other Gixen user.

Using the 'PURGE OLD' button as you suggested in your first post on this thread doesn't update prices either though, so, to be honest, I'm still not sure what you mean by 'nice if it worked', can you elaborate further ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the "refresh" button, Gixen will update all the information on the Gixen servers, but it will also update prices by fetching them from eBay servers.

There are some limits on price updates, however, some for performance, other for technical reasons:

1. Prices for only 20 listings (per currency) that end soonest will be updated.
2. Price for any auction listing that also contains a buy-it-now price will NOT be updated.
3. Prices will be updated only for listings in the following currencies: USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, CAD.

I hope this clarifies it.
guyslp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:

2. Price for any auction listing that also contains a buy-it-now price will NOT be updated.

I hope this clarifies it.

Thank you very much, it does. Lately I have happened to be sniping on items that included a buy-it-now option, so that explains why the Gixen Refresh was not working.

In every other respect of your description, it's doing what I would have expected. I just never thought that a buy-it-now would have had an impact when bidding is also allowed and active.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guyslp wrote:
I just never thought that a buy-it-now would have had an impact when bidding is also allowed and active.

The reason for this is some bug in the interface Gixen is using to fetch prices... it's not deliberate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.