Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen did not bid/snipe on my behalf. Item sold for less

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marialexx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject: Gixen did not bid/snipe on my behalf. Item sold for less Reply with quote

Item: 384488732945
Hi! This is my first post in here. I’ve been a Gixen user for years now, and Gixen has bid for me successfully (whether won or not) every time.

This is why I find what happened very strange. I put a snipe bid on an item for which the starting bid was GBP 10, and at the time, there were no bids on it. I placed the snipe a little over 5 hours before the end of the auction, for GBP 15.11

Then this morning I did not get any notifications from Gixen (“Auction End Notice for Item xxxx”, nor from EBay. I assumed someone bid higher than GBP 15.11

Nevertheless, the item sold for GBP 10, with only one bid - the winner/bidder was not me!

What happened?

I looked at the item’s revision history and the only revision made was to the Title.

Another detail I can provide is that on my EBay watch list, the item is listed as ended for GBP 0.00 but when you go to the item listing “original listing” it says it sold for GBP 10 and I can see the bidding history.

Gixen states the auction ending time changed. But it did not, the item ended at the time it was originally supposed to end. And I thought sellers could not end the item 24 hours before the original ending time?

Thank you
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller ended this auction early by accepting best offer from another bidder.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can be seen next to the supposed 10.00 bid where it says 'Best Offer'.

Note however that, despite appearances, this does not necessarily mean it was sold for that price. I know from experience that Ebay now always displays the starting price as the amount it sold for (except, as you say, in the list view where it always shows 0.0). So, now the only way to find out what offer the seller accepted is to ask them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.