Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Invalid authorization

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dburum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Invalid authorization Reply with quote

Re. Item 224622018652;

I put in a snipe $40, but status was set to "invalid authorization," and the sale went to someone else for $9.50.

I just renewed my subscription, which is good until 2026. What gives???

My username, as given above, is "dburum."
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is now the most common question asked in this forum.

The authorisation is the permission that you give Gixen to place bids on your Ebay account. You don't pay for it and it is administered from the second section on the Settings page. Ebay invalidates it after 18 months so this needs renewing at least once every year and a half.

This should not be confused with your subscription, which you do pay for, is administered from the first section of the Settings page and gives you access to the greater reliability of the Mirror server, unlimited snipes for a whole year and various other extra features while logged in to you Gixen account.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a blog article about this:

https://www.gixen.com/blog/ebay-third-party-authorizations/

I will keep adding to the blog all relevant topics.

See all articles here:

https://www.gixen.com/blog/
nefuk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Authorization problems for ebay.co.uk Reply with quote

When I try to authorize Gixen, using the link you provided, as your blog says - it goes toAll very confusing and not explained. ebay.com rather than the country specific site.
I only have an account on ebay.co.uk and the login details fail when following your link to ebay.com. Do I have to create a second account on ebay.com, if so, how does this get linked to my UK account?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Authorization problems for ebay.co.uk

Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay accounts are global, if you are getting failure messages from them when logging into ebay.com it is because you are not providing credentials that they recognise.

Yes all authorisations need to be validated via ebay.com no matter where you first registered your account.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
HeavilyRedacted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

"Gee, I wonder if users would want to be alerted to this via banner across their login page. Naaah. We'll just bury it in a forum thread and let them figure out why they lost their auction."
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

HeavilyRedacted wrote:
"Gee, I wonder if users would want to be alerted to this via banner across their login page. Naaah. We'll just bury it in a forum thread and let them figure out why they lost their auction."

Actually there is a big warning in bold red letters that's displayed 10 days before your authorization expires. Emails are also sent every time you log in if your authorization is expired.
ronmc2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

mario wrote:
HeavilyRedacted wrote:

Actually there is a big warning in bold red letters that's displayed 10 days before your authorization expires. Emails are also sent every time you log in if your authorization is expired.

The "warning" is ONLY after the Snipe ends. Gee, I wonder if users would want to be alerted to this via banner across their SOON TO BE INVALID SNIPE, when they click "Add new snipe". Because it only took 5 seconds to fix, using the link, AFTER the Auction was over!
Gixen does this for Subscription Expiration Date ahead of time. Do whichever of these choices(login page, new/modify snipe page, or bottom/top snipe page) is easiest for you.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the issue is that Ebay have revoked the authorisation, for things like a user changing their password, Gixen only finds out when it tries to use the authorisation to place a bid.

Ebay does not notify Gixen in that situation.
ronmc2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
If the issue is that Ebay have revoked the authorisation, for things like a user changing their password, Gixen only finds out when it tries to use the authorisation to place a bid.

Ebay does not notify Gixen in that situation.

Really? Then how does Gixen do THIS on the Subscription page:
*eBay authorization status: Active.
Your eBay authorization for eBay account r***c2 expires on Thu, (my redaction)*
Could that be added to the New Snipe page when you sign in to snipe as requested above, like the Subscription expiration is on the bottom?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mario explained above, when the authorisation is within 10 days of a known expiry there is a message on the snipes page, this has been the case for a long time.

More recently he's also implemented emails being sent out too.
ronmc2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you don't use Gixen for 2 weeks...?
I receive emails for new products, but not for Invalid Authorization.
My last 3 emails have been for Statistics, New website Default, and Slowness Issue, going back to April.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't set up snipes more than 10 days before an auction completes because that is generally the maximum duration of an auction on Ebay.
ronmc2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.