Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Can't add an auction into Gixen if it has a 0 bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soliton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject: Can't add an auction into Gixen if it has a 0 bid Reply with quote

For example, I make a new entry in Gixen by pasting the item number into the appropriate box but do not enter a bid amount. What happens is that Gixen shows an error message at the top of the page in red: "This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed." and doesn't add the item to the bid table, like it used to.

This just started happening in the last day or 2. I suspect that some code may have been added to check for a number entry in the bid box but that the wrong message is produced.

If my understanding is correct, I prefer that this check not be made. I often enter no bid because I want to do some research before bidding or I am just curious about what the item will sell for. In fact, I was going to suggest using a different color background, like light gray to indicate that no bid has been made yet.

At least you'll want to change the error message.
soliton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I tried putting a '0' into the bid box and there was no error message and the item was added into Gixen's list.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soliton,

I've noticed this is the behaviour for quite some time now, it hasn't changed in the past few days, so I think any difference you are experiencing must be due to a change in what you are doing.
soliton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I am doing something different but I have been using Gixen for a long time and my usage these days is rote so hence unlikely IMO to have changed. Even if I am wrong about it being new behavior I would still prefer to not have to enter something unless I really want to bid.

Thanks for your feedback.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

soliton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus the error message is misleading.

Perhaps you have been seeing the behavior since you are in England and could be using a different server with perhaps different software.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've split this off from the unrelated post, where it was originally, so that it can receive the attention it deserves.

Although I don't think it's new behaviour (from my own experience and because others have been posting this error message for quite a while), I do agree that the message "This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed." is not appropriate for the issue and should be changed or removed in this instance, that's true whether or not it's decided to use a default value of '0' in such instances.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I have fixed this now. Now you should be able to enter a snipe with no price specified (defaults to 0.00) and the misleading message should also be corrected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.