Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixenj Desktop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike603

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:34 am    Post subject: Gixenj Desktop Reply with quote

The GIXEN desktop (Version 2.02) resizes the column widths back to the defaults every time the window is resized or minimized.

On my system the columns are very tight so I widen them and they reset back to their defaults when the window is resized or minimized and restored.

Also, the edit box comes up half sized so i need to extend the window size down to see all of the data entry controls (boxes).
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What resolution screen are you working on ?
mike603

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Gixen Desktop Reply with quote

I am running 3 monitors all at 4K (3840 x 2160).

Any windows refresh (window update, minimize/restore, window size change, etc) will cause the columns to reset back to their defaults.

Also, on my multi monitor setup when Gixen Desktop Manager starts or opens a dialog box (sub window) the program or dialog box appears spanning to monitors. When opening the dialog boxes they open where the original program opened (spanning two monitors) rather than on the window where the desktop is currently running.

I have also experienced illegal memory access errors from the desktop (sometimes multiple times). Generally after the desktop has been minimized and locked with the Windows Key - L command.

Just for note, I am a paying subscriber to Gixen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look at this, but not sure columns are fixable. The development tool used is using components that do this themselves.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Ramona

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issues - though only running 2 monitors, and at a mere 2560x1440.

My monitors are side-by-side and Gixen Desktop Manager always starts in the middle, with half on each screen, regardless of the size/position when it was closed and (as has been mentioned) the column widths are not persistent, even across a single session - they revert to default after every refresh.

I can't think of any other Windows programme that I use which exhibits this behaviour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.