Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Payments taken by Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iseeshapes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:14 am    Post subject: Payments taken by Gixen Reply with quote

I have a couple of queries, hopefully someone here might be able to advise me.

On checking my payments through Paypal to Gixen, it seems I have two payments of $6 each, one on the 3rd of the month, and one on the 15th. I'm assuming this is because I've paid for a two year subscription.

If so, I assume I should only be paying this every two years. However, these payments have gone through both last year, and this one.

I've also just received an email telling me that my eBay account is unlinked from Gixen as it is invalidated or expired. Going to the Gixen site tells me I need to renew it, but I've already paid the two year subscription fee twice over in the past two years, which already seems too much?

Is this right, or do I need to contact someone there?

Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, and the one that seems most urgent to get you up and running, are you sure that the message you are receiving is regarding your subscription which you pay for and is administered via the first section on the Settings page. If it's a message about not being linked then it's more likely related to the authorisation that you give Gixen to place bids for you on Ebay which cost you nothing and is administered via the second section on the Settings page.

Now, regarding the payments for your subscription, I imagine that you are talking about the annual payments, even though you imply they are monthly Gixen only has annual or biannual payments. When you get notification of these payments from Paypal, via email they should reference the Gixen id that they apply to. Are these references to the same Gixen id and is that exactly the Gixen id that you are logging in to and using ?

Last edited by Cupid on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cupid! Going to the second part of the settings page and relinking my account seemed to work - much appreciated!

In terms of the payments - sorry, I should have been more specific - the payments have come out twice in one month but once a year for the past two years. Both in September of last year, and then again this year.

I've checked the ID on the Paypal emails for them both, and they both have my same username, but are then followed by different id**r numbers.

Would this mean somehow payments are being taken twice on two duplicate accounts?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When does it say that your subscription now ends in the first section of the Settings page ?

I'm trying to ascertain if both these payments are being successfully applied to the same Gixen account in terms of extending the period of your Mirror subscription. If they are it's probably because you've signed up twice for the same Gixen account and that one of the payments is therefore not required at all.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject:

iseeshapes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mark.

It says my mirror subscription is good until Mon, Sept 23, 2024.

Hopefully that sheds some light on the problem?!
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that looks like you've been credited with the years you've paid for, it's just more than you need and mounting up.

I imagine that you've signed up for the same thing twice, so I'd recommend that you cancel one of those recurring payments via your Paypal account.

That will stop you getting even further ahead of yourself with payments next year however it's not going to stop the one payment you have left being taken every year since it's Paypal that sends it rather than Gixen requesting it.

So, if you want a refund (and subsequent reduction in your Mirror subscription time) you will need to contact Mario direct, via email, at the support address given on the contact page, explain the full circumstances and include reference to your Gixen id and I'm sure he'll be happy to sort that out for you. You could also direct him to this thread as further explanation of your situation.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me - I will issue a refund for any overpayment.
iseeshapes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for looking into this! Really grateful for this help!

I'll be sure to do as you've advised.

Cheers Mark!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.