Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How did I lose?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkayny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: How did I lose? Reply with quote

I bid on an ebay auction item #133853516662
The seller was selling several items. I bid on 4 different auctions and wound up winning 1 out of 4. Auction #1 and #3 I was clearly beat on as the wining bid exceeded my bid highest bid. I won Auction #2 but the 4th auction I lost where my highest price was $89 and the winning bid was $51. What gives?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you were using groups and this item was canceled when the first item in a group was won. This is by design.

Groups are not a cosmetic thing - it's a feature to control what is won, and what canceled.
mundo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
It looks like you were using groups and this item was canceled when the first item in a group was won. This is by design.

Groups are not a cosmetic thing - it's a feature to control what is won, and what canceled.

Just to pick up on this, if I have three items I am sniping on from different sellers, does this mean if my first ending auction I win will the other auction bids be cancelled
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put all those snipes in the same Group, then yes they will.

This is the purpose of a normal Group, it enables you just to win one of an item when they are replaceable with each other and so that you don't have to manage your snipes while you do.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.