Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"You are not eligible to bid on this item.\"- bu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
russbmenze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: \"You are not eligible to bid on this item.\"- bu Reply with quote

I recently had two auctions fail to execute my snipes due to a reason described as "You are not eligible to bid on this item." In both instances I messaged the sellers and each one said I was NOT blocked from bidding. The second time was particularly disappointing as I likely would have won the auction at a very good price.

The ID number for the second auction was: 203568999792

Can you please let me know why this happened, and how I can prevent this in the future?

Thanks,

Russ
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few reasons why it can happen, but only Ebay has access to enough data for them to be able to tell you exactly why they rejected your bid. I don't think their customer service representatives tend to have enough access to their internal systems to be able to tell you though, but the more people ask them the more likely it is that they will be given such access in the future.

It's certainly not just about the sellers blocked list, it does sometimes result from the choices they make when listing things though. Things like not allowing bids from people that have unpaid item strikes on their account, which can result from agreements between buyers and sellers not to proceed with a transaction that buyers don't realise leave a marker on their account. Other reasons can relate to differences in regulation between jurisdictions, things like it not being legal to sell knives over the internet in some places. There could easily be restrictions on the sale of bullion in certain areas too. Another possibility are buying limits imposed by Ebay on accounts where they want more account verification or just more account activity with this particular type or value of item.

I agree it's very difficult to avoid when Ebay is not explicit about the exact reasons for rejecting bids, but it's almost certain that had you tried placing a manual bid you'd have encountered a similar block. If you spot a pattern to them, similar items, same sellers, similar values etc, you might want to consider placing low opening bids to check if you are able to bid on them before scheduling the snipe at your true maximum.

If you do ever find an item where the Gixen bid is blocked but you were able to place a lower earlier bid then it might be worth Mario following it up from his side as that would be an indicator that something could be done from the Gixen side to improve the situation.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
russbmenze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item. - but NOT BLOCKED Reply with quote

This was a snipe on a lot of 20 coins ($5 maple leaf coins). I have no unpaid item strikes, and I buy coins all the time from numerous other sellers, so jurisdiction issues should not be relevant. I also placed a manual bid on one of the seller's other lots, and the bid executed.

So none of the reasons you cited were applicable here. Very frustrating.

Item 203568999792
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried asking Ebay why they rejected your bid ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:53 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.