Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Can't Log Into Desktop Manager

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clarkr6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Can't Log Into Desktop Manager Reply with quote

Hi all, and thanks in advance for help...

My system crashed and tried to reinstall Gixen. I can't log into the Desktop Manager. I downloaded the 2.01 and extracted it. It is giving me multiple problems.

1. The .exe program disappears in the folder and asks me to extract files again when I click on the desktop manager file. Then it asks me if I want to replace files in folder. When I do either the icon shows up and I can open the program. Then disappears again.

2. When I try to log in to the Desktop Manager program when it opens I get these errors:

Could not get user country, using default.

ERROR (101): COULD NOT LOG IN

Could not get item list, API returned: ERROR (101) COULD NOT LOG IN

It does not let me log in and I can't access the auctions.

I CAN log into the online Gixen site. This shows the auctions I have saved etc.

So what is the problem and how do I fix it?

Here is what I am running:

iMac with Intel Processor
Windows 8.1 Pro
Plenty of Ram and HD space

Thanks,
Clark
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1> Sounds like you might not be looking at the .exe on the file system but within the compressed zip file. I'd recommend perhaps downloading a program that can unpack the compressed file properly.

2> Make sure that if you are asking the program to remember your credentials that it has write access to the working directory (which by default will be the same directory as the .exe file has been extracted to). This might also be related to the first issue if you try running the program from within the compressed file because it does need to be extracted properly before it will be able to access the files it needs properly.

The other possibility is that you have virus protection software running which is interfering with your ability to use the program.

Also is it possible to upgrade to using Windows 10 ?... 8.1 is getting quite old now.
Clarkr6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: Can't Log Into Desktop Manager Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for the response.

I unzipped the downloaded file using 7 zip. Proceeded to open the program and got the same errors.

I checked my virus software and Gixen is allowed.

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro. I had upgraded to 10. I could not use programs like an old version of Photoshop that runs perfect on Windows 8. I proceeded to uninstall 10 and in the process deleted my hard drive. So after reinstalling the moon and a week of work I ended up with Windows 8.1 again. The problem is GIXEN software does not work from my desktop. I can access it from a browser window however.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Clark

Cupid wrote:
1> Sounds like you might not be looking at the .exe on the file system but within the compressed zip file. I'd recommend perhaps downloading a program that can unpack the compressed file properly.

2> Make sure that if you are asking the program to remember your credentials that it has write access to the working directory (which by default will be the same directory as the .exe file has been extracted to). This might also be related to the first issue if you try running the program from within the compressed file because it does need to be extracted properly before it will be able to access the files it needs properly.

The other possibility is that you have virus protection software running which is interfering with your ability to use the program.

Also is it possible to upgrade to using Windows 10 ?... 8.1 is getting quite old now.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like you are using an incorrect Gixen username / password combination. Are you sure you are using the same credentials to log in to Gixen web interface?

You would not have gotten this message had desktop manager not been able to connect to Gixen servers.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Clarkr6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
This sounds like you are using an incorrect Gixen username / password combination. Are you sure you are using the same credentials to log in to Gixen web interface?

You would not have gotten this message had desktop manager not been able to connect to Gixen servers.

Thank you. I got it figured out thanks to your help.

When my system crashed the password must have been corrupted. I had the login saved to automatically log in when clicked.

I clicked on send new password and I was sent an email with the code to change the password. After doing so the Desktop Manager works now.

Hooray!

Clark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.