Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY LINK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nudegardener

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: EBAY LINK Reply with quote

When setting up a new account with you, and I click onto the eBay link it takes me to the USA site ie .com against the UK site ie .co.uk and all I get taken to an error page with "We looked everywhere" so unable to get the link in place to use your program. Yes the pass word for eBay is correct as it shows my watch list.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to log into this new Gixen account ?

If so on the Settings page please can you check the second section to see if the authorisation is referenced there. If not I'd recommend trying to set it up again from there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Are you able to log into this new Gixen account ?

If so on the Settings page please can you check the second section to see if the authorisation is referenced there. If not I'd recommend trying to set it up again from there.

No it doesn't seem able to log in as when I try it just comes up with my eBay name and password even when I try to open a new account.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you attempting to create a Gixen account with exactly the same name as your Ebay name ?

If so, that is not recommended, and may cause issues if you previously used Gixen before we were forced to set up separate Gixen accounts.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Are you attempting to create a Gixen account with exactly the same name as your Ebay name ?

If so, that is not recommended, and may cause issues if you previously used Gixen before we were forced to set up separate Gixen accounts.

No I am trying to set up a new one with a non related eBay name and password and a different email address as well, but this site just goes back to my eBay one and not the new one which I have set up.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I don't really follow what you mean.

If you set up something with a completely different name it isn't possible for it to revert to something else, that you used to use.

Are you perhaps talking about some old credentials stored in your browser? ...if so, just ignore them and type in your new credentials from scratch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
To be honest, I don't really follow what you mean.

If you set up something with a completely different name it isn't possible for it to revert to something else, that you used to use.

Are you perhaps talking about some old credentials stored in your browser? ...if so, just ignore them and type in your new credentials from scratch.

Sorry that is what is happening as I am unable to remove my old account so it doesn't allow me to open a new one as it just wants to keep the old one.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if you explain exactly, step by step, in as much detail as you can, what you are doing and what response you are getting perhaps someone will then be able to understand what it is you need to do different.

Start from what you are doing on this page:

https://www.gixen.com/main/register.php

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Perhaps if you explain exactly, step by step, in as much detail as you can, what you are doing and what response you are getting perhaps someone will then be able to understand what it is you need to do different.

Start from what you are doing on this page:

gixen.com/main/register.php

The link you sent me shows across the top the user name for my eBay account and the old eBay password and, when I click on log in now I get an error message saying I cant use my eBay name etc and, when I click onto signup I fill this out with a new user name and password which are different to my eBay ones and put a different email address as well and, click on next the page comes up with the link to eBay but, my user name and password still shows my eBay one and not the one I am using for this site.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are talking about credentials that are stored in your browser.

DO NOT push the 'LOG IN NOW' button with those credentials in the boxes.

Instead you should first use that SIGN UP page to enter completely different credentials for your new Gixen account.

Then when you have done that and want to log in with those new credentials you should first get rid of your old credentials from the Username and Password boxes at the top of the screen before you replace them with the new Gixen credentials that you have just set up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Yes, you are talking about credentials that are stored in your browser.

DO NOT push the 'LOG IN NOW' button with those credentials in the boxes.

Instead you should first use that SIGN UP page to enter completely different credentials for your new Gixen account.

Then when you have done that and want to log in with those new credentials you should first get rid of your old credentials from the Username and Password boxes at the top of the screen before you replace them with the new Gixen credentials that you have just set up.

Sorry this still doesn't work as all I get is a message saying my user name isn't valid and the register page comes up yet again.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like you are choosing a new username that is not valid, it might be that someone has already used that name, perhaps even that was you... you can use the Forgot your Gixen username page to check what names are already associated with your email address and you can use the Forgot your Gixen password page to help you reset any password for a Gixen account that you can no longer remember.

If a name you choose is not already associated with your email address and it won't let you set it up it probably means someone else is already using that name and you will have to choose a different one, Gixen can't have multiple users with the same user name.
lenkga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: EBAY LINK Reply with quote

nudegardener wrote:
When setting up a new account with you, and I click onto the eBay link it takes me to the USA site ie .com against the UK site ie .co.uk and all I get taken to an error page with "We looked everywhere" so unable to get the link in place to use your program. Yes the pass word for eBay is correct as it shows my watch list.

I'm having similar problem... all I get taken to an error page with "We looked everywhere", unable to get the link in any eBay account from any browser...
Did you have a solution?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to change the link provided to be on .co.uk as implied by the quote that you have chosen ?

That would explain why you're not finding the page.

All authorisations must be completed via the .com site, Ebay credentials are global.
Grubbens

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Similar problem Reply with quote

I am also having this issue. When I try to link my ebay account with Gixen, I am sent to a page with a boy in an orange coat and some text that says "We looked everywhere. Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages."

When I go back to Gixen, my account is unrecognized.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like something Mario needs to look into then.

Please can you contact him, via email, and direct him to this thread ?
Twistedvapour

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Looks like something Mario needs to look into then.

Please can you contact him, via email, and direct him to this thread ?

This is the same issue i am having which I have posted in another thread. Been trying to find a way around this the past month. My Gixen has just renewed and I can’t even use it Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.