Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Won Auction - But says Bid Under Asking Price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maineiac13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject: Won Auction - But says Bid Under Asking Price Reply with quote

In going through my history just now I noticed a number of auctions which report that my bid was "under the asking price".

That seemed odd to me because I remembered that I had won those auctions so I went back to check on what might have been happening and I think I found the reason.

Apparently at that time I had set my Mirror snipe to occur before the Main snipe. So I am guessing that the Status column where that information appears relates to the Main snipe only and since my Main snipe would not have been executed because my Mirror snipe was already executed, the bid "under the asking price" reference occurred. I have since changed my sniping to have the Main snipe occur before the Mirror snipe and thus have not had this issue anymore.

Don't know if anything can be done about this but I thought I would bring it to your attention.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's normal behaviour for Ebay to reject a later bid of the same amount from the same user as not high enough to be acceptable.
maineiac13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Yes, it's normal behaviour for Ebay to reject a later bid of the same amount from the same user as not high enough to be acceptable.

Yes...of course I know that. My point, however, was that if I had set the Main snipe before the Mirror snipe, then regardless of what eBay did, Gixen would show in my history under status that I had "WON". But if I set the Mirror snipe before the Main snipe, Gixen shows the status in my history as "Bid Under Asking Price" even though I had won the auction in that situation too.

As I noted, this is really only a cosmetic issue, except for the fact that it gets confusing when looking at my Gixen history and I find a large group of auctions which say I did not win them when in fact I really did win.

The current work-around is to always enter the Main bid before the Mirror bid but that was something I had no idea about until after the fact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.