Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Forgein country

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daffke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Forgein country Reply with quote

Hey.

I've used anoter sniper earlier, but when I tried to snipe an auction that did not have my country, listed in countries it would ship to, the sniper would not even place a bid.

I was able to manually bid on ebay, on that auction, evn if the auction said it would not ship to my country, but the sniper would not...

Does Gixen have the problem? Will it stop bidding if the item does not have my country on the shipping list? I've lost too many auctions cos of this, and wont risk it anymore... :\
Just bought Gixen, even befre I checked if it got what I want.... :p
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to give a definitive answer on this because sellers can set up auctions without specifying shipping to you country but you can still bid, while others actively block some locations that they do not wish to ship to and then you can't bid, no matter what tool you use, because the block is imposed by Ebay.

What can be said is that if you can bid manually on an auction the Gixen can also place a bid on it; we don't currently have any examples where a bidder has placed an early bid but had a Gixen bid rejected, and it would demonstrate that Ebay has a bug if this were ever to be the case.

Unfortunately the only way to confirm you can bid is to do so, so to be absolutely certain the only way is to place low bids on auctions you plan to snipe, but obviously that diminishes the advantage that you get from sniping.

Personally I avoid this issue by only ever searching from my home site... but that does mean that I also miss out on all auctions where the seller has not set a shipping price to my country even though I might still be able to bid on it.
daffke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, tried that, and I was able to place a bid, so will set up Gixen to do the final bidding Smile
New to Gixen, should I use the default settings, or is there any tweeks I should know about?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The default settings are fine for everyone.

Personally I have set my country and target to be the United Kingdom, because that is whee I live and I prefer a slightly larger default offset, but neither are necessary.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.