Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Can't log on from anywhere!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dschwec

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject: Can't log on from anywhere! Reply with quote

This is getting serious now and will cost people money/bids if this isn't straightened out ASAP. Since approx 3am eastern time, there is NO access to the app from any platform/device. I have bids on stuff coming up that I wish to cancel because I won other similar bids, and now I have NO access to cancel them. Will Gixen still place those bids and cost me money I didn't want to spend? SMFH
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me like the most likely way to be able to revoke the authority that Gixen has to place bids on your behalf may be to change your Ebay password on that account.
jimv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Gixen FAQ, you shouldn't need to change passwords. Should be able to directly revoke the authorisation.

Quote:
Do I have to give away my eBay credentials?

No. This used to be the case, but as of August 2017, you need to register Gixen.com username and password, and authorize Gixen.com to place bids for you on eBay. You can withdraw this authorization at any time in your eBay MyAccount settings, or on Gixen settings page. While Gixen has no way of enforcing this, it is wise for security reasons that your Gixen password is different than your eBay password, especially if you choose the same Gixen username as is your eBay username.

(Spam checker is stopping me from linking to the FAQ. The FAQ is available via a tab at the top of this page.)
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, however unfortunately I can't find the authorisation listed on Ebay any more, can anyone else ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Yes, however unfortunately I can't find the authorisation listed on Ebay any more, can anyone else ?

accounts.ebay.co.uk/acctsec/security-center/third-party-app-access
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link doesn't work for me, can you provide a sequence of clicks on Ebay that will get you there ?

Something like:

My Ebay -> Accounts -> Security -> ...
MistaP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Caveat Emptor Reply with quote

Always remember this site is a one man show and that man has to sleep, has a life, etc. Outages are rare but you need to understand they will occasionally happen and plan accordingly.

Gixen already accommodates various group bidding scenarios including the one you've described - if you place bids for two or more items via Gixen as a group, the site can cancel the remaining bids automatically once you've won one of the items.

Hopefully we'll be up and running again soon!
Bpack88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Can't log on from anywhere! Reply with quote

dschwec wrote:
This is getting serious now and will cost people money/bids if this isn't straightened out ASAP. Since approx 3am eastern time, there is NO access to the app from any platform/device. I have bids on stuff coming up that I wish to cancel because I won other similar bids, and now I have NO access to cancel them. Will Gixen still place those bids and cost me money I didn't want to spend? SMFH

This is exactly what i am experiencing
tiger2k

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
That link doesn't work for me, can you provide a sequence of clicks on Ebay that will get you there ?

Something like:

My Ebay -> Accounts -> Security -> ...

My eBay >
Personal Info: Sign in and security >

at the bottom of the page:
Third-party app access
View or edit the third-party apps with access to your eBay account.
View >

didn't try revoking gixen access as I don't have any snipes I want to cancel
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger2k wrote:

My Ebay -> Account [Tab] -> Personal information and privacy -> Sign-in and security

at the bottom of the page:
Third-party app access
View or edit the third-party apps with access to your eBay account.
View >

Thank you, yes I found that, for me that ends up with a URL of:

https://accounts.ebay.co.uk/acctsec/security-center/third-party-app-access

but it says on it:

Quote:
No third-party apps

which is interesting since I certainly had Gixen working with my last snipe executed yesterday I think.

Hopefully the Gixen authorisation will still be listed there for others though.

Thank you for looking into this for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.