Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid not executed - Item 114876167248

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject: Bid not executed - Item 114876167248 Reply with quote

I had bid ÂGBP 61 for Item 114876167248 and it was sold for ÂGBP 56 and yet my bid was not executed. Why?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status did Gixen give the snipe after it had completed, on both the Main and Mirror tabs ?
Dave123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Bid not executed - Item 114876167248 Reply with quote

It gave " You are not eligible to bid on this item" on both
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means the Ebay software, on their side, blocked your bid and likely would have blocked any bid you tried to make on that item by any means.

Probably the best chance you have of finding out why is to contact the seller and ask them if they set up any requirements on their listing that would have caused your bid to be blocked.

You could also ask Ebay customer support, but I haven't seen anyone get a useful response from them in a case like this. I suspect that very few. if any, have the level of access required to the Ebay systems to be able to find out exactly why their sifteware blocked a bid.

Going forward the only real way to be able to tell for certain whether a block like this exists is to try placing a bid yourself, but that is not conducive to sniping items via an automated tool like Gixen. Fortunately it happens so infrequently that its not generally necessary to resort to such methods for all your auctions.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.