Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlbuyer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

I had several bids set up to execute while I slept. When I woke up I saw that I won 2 but everything else came up with this error. I tried to search for this error and all the previous threads say it is a result of having previous unpaid cases against me. However, that is not possible because I have never bought or won a bid using my ebay account before. Could you look into this for me please? Ebay item id number: 112646260715
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay do tend to impose additional restrictions on accounts that have not been used to buy before.

Once they see that you do indeed pay for items that you bid on and win, they then remove those restrictions... this is an automated process.

As a result I would recommend anyone to use their Ebay account for a while, and buy at least a few things via it, before using it for automated sniping.
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Have just received this annoying and weird message. However, I don't have a new account nor any unpaid items. The only things which could have triggered this restriction would have been three items in my cart; two of which were won three days ago and the third one today (about 30 minutes ago), was requesting total for them.
Would have definitely won this unrelated auction, had my bid been accepted.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that all these restrictions come from eBay, Gixen does not impose any restrictions itself.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply, Mario. Understand, but not sure why was my bid restricted. Item ID:304014498130
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay customer services or the seller are the only ones that might be able to look deeper into why this bid was rejected by their software/setup.
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark. Is there a way to contact them directly via email? customerhelp(at)ebay.com does not work.
I told the seller that I'm from outside of the US and perhaps he blocked me that way...not sure.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days you have to start somewhere like this:

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

They don't tend to have email addresses.
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have already contacted them via chat. Hope the IT will shed some light on the issue...
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Happened for the 4th time. eBay support could not explain it and I haven't had any unpaid items. It's completely random and unpredictable. No idea what's going on. Any suggestions?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get some kind of confirmation from Ebay that you had no unpaid item strikes on your account at the time the bid was attempted, and then forward that, the details of the auction and details of your Gixen id to Mario, via email... He could then report it back to them via his route, as a bug... but that is so convoluted that honestly I don't hold out much hope of that achieving the result you desire.

The only other suggestion I can think of is starting up a new Ebay account, make a few purchases on it independently to sort out any registration issues and get yourself a few feedbacks then swap Gixen to be authorised to use that Ebay account instead of the one you are currently using... that would then remove the possibility of there being a false record of non payment against your Ebay account.
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Thank you for your response, Mark. About two months ago, I won couple of auctions from the same seller. To avoid the GSP we mutually agreed to cancel the orders. He relisted them again with ordinary shipping methods and I immediately re-purchased them. Noticed that the seller gave canceled order for five items and for the two he gave "unpaid item" as reason. Could that be the culprit?
Is that a strike? It has been closed though and I asked eBay support two times since then and they couldn't find anything. In fact, they suggested there must be something wrong with seller's settings... My ratings are 100% and I've the second account as well. Already lost three lots that way, it's a bit frustrating.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the seller that decides whether you get a strike for a transaction because it is only them that can know whether you paid or not, you might for instance pay via a direct bank transfer and Ebay would never know about that or have any evidence for it.

Once you have strikes on your account it is very difficult to get them removed as you have to prove that you actually did make a payment for those items, and Ebay only tends to accept an electronic confirmation from a recognised payment provider, like Paypal, or now their own in house payment service.

It's not very unusual for support operatives at Ebay to get things wrong when it comes to stuff like this, they sometimes don't have the right access to examine the strikes on your account, or they don't look in the right places even when they do.

I think it's most likely you have found your culprit, especially as it's only you that is complaining specifically about this affecting your bids here on Gixen.

I have been told, many times, that strikes expire after a year, at least in so much as they are no longer taken into account for sellers that block bids using these statistics, so in my opinion you have the options of waiting for them to effectively expire, trying to get them removed, or of using a different Ebay account.
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Is the support email, the right way to contact Mario?
It's kind of unpredictable; two day ago I won without any issues, yesterday was outbid and then all of a sudden my bid is restricted...with nothing unpaid.
Would really like to know what is causing this.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about how many you have unpaid at any one time, that's irrelevant, it's about how many of your transactions have been marked by sellers as unpaid, after you've been given a reasonable amount of time to make the payment, over the past year. So it's the items that you no longer have the option to pay for and the seller can relist them for free as a result of marking them as unpaid. Just as you described for the items you bought but didn't eventually complete payment for in your previous post.

Also, not all sellers restrict bids based on your payment record, in fact most don't, and it can actually be selected by the seller on an auction by auction basis, so even if you win one auction with a seller it's still possible that they impose the restriction on another different auction for some reason and you therefore only get blocked on that one.

Yes, the support email address given on the Contact tab is the direct way to contact Mario.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Thanks! I've always asked sellers as well and they don't have any idea why my bid was restricted. I did not get a chance to bid and they did not get a chance to earn more. Also, I have never been notified of any strike against me. Not sure if eBay has changed the interface, but can't find anything now in the resolution center. One time, a seller canceled my order and refunded me without a valid reason, but that was his/her fault.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you made a payment and the seller than decided to refund they won't have the option to give you a strike on that because the evidence is conclusive that you did pay.

I'm convinced it's that arrangement that you made with the seller not to pay, in order to try to circumvent paying for the Global Shipping Plan. That kind of arrangement needs to be made before you bid so that the seller takes things out of the plan before you bid. I don't recommend trying to make arrangements like that after you've made the commitment by bidding and winning... because it's that which can cause you to end up in situations like you now find yourself with sellers blocking your bids.

Experienced sellers sometimes know how to check their selling account to see the blocked bids and why, inexperienced ones often don't, but may still have set up restrictions that prevent you bidding without even realising the consequences of what they are doing, it's just a box tocking exercise as they list things.
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

You may be right. BTW, I had tried to arrange shipping before the auction but that did not work. Also have a US shipping address. Didn't expect this would catch me later. I'll try to experiment and try to bid directly via eBay from both accounts and see what happens...
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

The direct (advanced) bid for the same item and from the same "restricted" account should be blocked (for the same reason) again, right?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean if you bid manually the same restrictions apply ?

Yes, of course.

This is another way to check whether the auction is restricted for you, it's very unlikely a seller would update a listing to include a restriction they didn't choose at the beginning.

I presume you are happy to have things actually sent to your US shipping address if necessary ?
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Yes, I'd like to check/verify in advance whether any restrictions are applied and then act accordingly.

It could have been sent either way. With 20/20 hindsight, I would have done it differently. The re-arrangement was done very quickly, within 5 minutes. I have not received any notification of any strike though. I had to look for it to find more info about it. Can't find anything now in the resolution center though.

Could eBay remove a strike? Both times, they told me there's nothing wrong with my affected account...
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you've found something that was marked as 'Unpaid', that was your notification.

I can understand why a seller would mark an item in that way in the circumstances that you describe, because if they marked it with a reason that indicated fault on their behalf it's quite possible that Ebay would have charged them for the sale as well as the eventual one that they rearranged with you. No one likes to be charged twice for something when they are trying to accommodate other peoples wishes while doing so and they would not necessarily have realised the (long term) consequences for your buying account.

I'm sure it's possible for Ebay to remove strikes, but as I've said above, that doesn't mean it is easy for you to get them to do so. The explanation that you didn't want to pay for the GSP (which they run and make a profit from and you committed to by bidding on an auction that the seller had placed into the scheme) is unlikely to be the sort of justification for removal that Ebay will be happy with.

Yes, just to restate, placing manual low bids is a way to check if there are any restrictions for your Ebay account before scheduling a higher snipe amount via Gixen.
orio1es8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experienced a similar issue as what I've been reading on this and other Gixen support posts re: restricted bidding. The specific error message Gixen provided me was, "You are not eligible to bid on this item." I've been a Gixen subscriber for years now and this is the first time I've ever seen this sort of message. And of course, I lost an important auction that I expect I would have won based on the auction end price and the max bid I had scheduled.

I reached out to eBay support and they could not provide much help. I also reached out directly to the seller and they confirmed that they had no restrictions setup on their auction. I can also confirm that I did not have any unpaid item strikes (nor ever had), any cancelled bids/sales, etc. In fact, I successfully won (via Gixen) another similar auction 7 mins. prior to the one in question ending. So I'm at a loss.

I guess at this point, I accept that whatever happened, happened (I don't blame Gixen by the way), but I want to make sure it doesn't happen again but can't seem to pinpoint any real reason. I have some other important auctions which are or will be scheduled over the next few days and I want to regain that sense of security knowing my bid will go through and be accepted by eBay. The problem is, I don't know how to be sure of that or where else to look.

Here is the eBay ID# for the auction that generated the error - 265192105952
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orio1es8 wrote:
"You are not eligible to bid on this item."
orio1es8 wrote:

This being a more generic message than the one we have been discussing I think there are a few other questions we might need to ask ourselves:

1> Is the value higher than you usually buy/bid on ?

2> Is the Ebay account used long standing or quite recently set up ?

3> Is the delivery address in the same jurisdiction as the item seller ?

4> Have you bought anything else from this seller, recently (and not yet paid for) or in the past, and if so any issues at all with those purchases/the communication associated with them ?

5> Does Ebay itself have any credit card details set up directly on this Ebay account, either as a form of verification for the account or as a payment method ?
orio1es8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response...sorry if the message wasn't in direct alignment with the other error messages/issues being discussed in this particular thread. To answer your questions...

1. No...very much in line with my typical value/bidding patterns.
2. long standing...since 2005
3. Yes, same address (actually only ~50 miles away)
4. No, never bought from this seller before (assuming the seller has not changed their username)
5. CC not saved on eBay (never has been)...make all payments via PayPal
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of anything else at this point, it is disappointing that Ebay support are not able to be more helpful when this happens because it's their software that is causing the bid to be rejected.

You could perhaps ask your seller to look here:

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/blockedbuyeractivities

to see if your attempted bid is listed and if so what the reason for rejection was.
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

I tried to bid manually and the same restriction appeared. That's unfortunate because it will cause more problems, especially for sniping. I have to always verify by bidding manually if the restriction applies and that defeats the purpose of sniping.
I unlinked the affected account and relinked my second account. Will this affect and/or cause any problems with my currently set snipes? Should I reset them or enter them again?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's Ebay that imposes these restrictions, it's only them that can remove them. As I've said previously generally after about 12 months the restrictions no longer apply so if you wait long enough the restriction will get removed anyway, that's assuming no other seller marks anything as unpaid on your account, of course.

I think current snipes are now updated with a new authorisation, but there is no harm on rescheduling them anyway.
Hilik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Seems to be a BUG in your system, as due to many users are complaining on the same issue.
I have not placed any snipes on restricted items, nor do I have any unpaid items. I have a long term account on eBay (Member since 1998).
Only recently lost important lots due to this error, which only shows on Gixen system after the auction has ended!!
Error shows on multiple items, but not all (some items won and not showing this error). Also multiple sellers.

eBay item id numbers: 256262284689, 166382575932, 166382515978, 166382514944, 166382514523, 166382514218, 166382513540, 166382513236, 166382511783, 166382416081, 166382414390, 166382403177

Please resolve it ASAP.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried contacting Ebay customer support, because, as noted, all restrictions are imposed by Ebay, not Gixen ?
Hilik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:38 am    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Have you tried contacting Ebay customer support, because, as noted, all restrictions are imposed by Ebay, not Gixen ?

How is this possible that some bids have been placed successfully and some are with your error (for similar items ending at the same time, under the same seller)?!
Issue is clearly not with ebay.

Please check for internal Bug in your system.
Hilik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:43 am    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

ebay will not answer on external issues.
This error is not showing up on ebay. it is ONLY showing up on Gixen.

You need to check your server in connection to ebay site.

I cannot contact them for non ebay tools.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: AUCTION RESTRICTED: BIDDER HAS UNPAID ITEMS Reply with quote

Hilik wrote:
ebay will not answer on external issues.
I cannot contact them for non ebay tools.

It is not a general Gixen issue. Certainly Mario can raise it with Ebay, when he has examples of accounts and specific auctions that are affected, but he won't be able to fix it for you himself. Likely it's an account issue that only Ebay (and perhaps you with instruction from Ebay Customer Support) can sort out, in the long run.

I agree that for you the issue manifests as snipes failing on Gixen, but the underlying issue is that Ebay is reinjecting bids from your account on certain auctions on their website.

There's no problem mentioning that the bids are directed via the Gixen sniping site. Ebay provide the infrastructure for the bids to be placed, Gixen automates when those bids are placed and feeds back to you the response it gets from that Ebay infrastructure, over which Mario has no control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.