Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

4 free snipes at at time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
0xauction

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject: 4 free snipes at at time Reply with quote

I am confused about the 4 free snipes. Is it 4 free snipes a month? Or does it become renewed after 4 snipes occur, within the same month? Does it happen for the 4 most earliest ending bids?

Thank you
0xauction

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: 4 free snipes at at time Reply with quote

0xauction wrote:
I am confused about the 4 free snipes. Is it 4 free snipes a month? Or does it become renewed after 4 snipes occur, within the same month? Does it happen for the 4 most earliest ending bids?

Thank you

"You have reached the limit of 4 free snipes (won + scheduled) within the last month. Please subscribe to Gixen mirror on the settings page before adding more snipes."

I have multiple snipes readied (12) on the free version. I am curious if after the 4 free snipes are won this month, are the next four scheduled snipes to be next by order of bid ending (immediately) ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the number of snipes that you schedule, it's the number of snipes that you win that count towards that total of 4 snipes per month. You can schedule many more than that over that period, if you keep losing.

So without any history you can schedule 4 snipes, once you win one you can only schedule 3 more snipes, win 2 and you can only schedule 2 more and so on. Once the month anniversary of the first win expires the number of snipes you can schedule once again increases by 1.

So you can win up to 4 auctions, without subscribing, in any rolling month long period, but if you've already won 4 over that month you can't schedule any more snipes until one of them is at least a month ago.

If you win 4 then don't schedule any more for a month after the last win then you will be back to being able to scheduling 4 snipes again.

The intention is that users that don't schedule many snipes and don't win many either can continue to use the service for free.

For further information, this is the thread where the restriction was first announced and discussed in some detail.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What may be confusing here is that I haven't introduced this limit yet to ios and android. This is the reason why you are able to schedule more than 4 snipes at once. But this will change soon, the same limits will apply as in the web UI.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.