Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auction ended AFTER being added for sniping.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Auction ended AFTER being added for sniping. Reply with quote

Item number 384114625510 already had 1 bid and number 384114631866 had 2 bids before I added them for sniping. The seller ended both these listings and I think all of his/her other listings too with the reason "This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken."

These two items still show up in my bid list with the time to end calculated as per the time of the listing before it was ended (around 13+ hours). Would be interesting to see the status when the auction ends.

Is there no way to alert the Gixen user that the listing has prematurely ended similar to how a listing is highlighted in yellow if our bid falls below the current bid?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is designed to detect that listings have ended, on a periodic basis.

However, I agree that sometimes it takes a long time to do so and on quite a few occasions never does until the original scheduled time for the end of the auction.

Have you tried pressing the new 'Refresh' button to see if that makes any difference ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should get updated every 2-3 hours. If you still don't see the notification 3 hours after seller ended the auction, please email me the item number and I will investigate.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
It should get updated every 2-3 hours. If you still don't see the notification 3 hours after seller ended the auction, please email me the item number and I will investigate.

The seller had ended these two and other auctions more than a day ago.

The status for both was SCHEDULED till the original end time. After the time ended, the new status is AUCTION ENDED EARLY BY SELLER OR BEST OFFER.

Both the item numbers in the OP.

Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario is going to need examples where the auction has not now ended if he's going to be able to investigate further.

Please send such examples to him direct, via email, at the support address given on the Contact tab above.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Will do that if I come across any current auctions.
Guardian

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: 203446707677 Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Mario is going to need examples where the auction has not now ended if he's going to be able to investigate further.

Please send such examples to him direct, via email, at the support address given on the Contact tab above.

Ok. So, here's an examaple. Item number: 203446707677.

I already added this item before I contacted the seller. The listing was for 11 banknotes but he/she had uploaded pictures of only 7. When I asked about this, they acknowledged and removed the listing. But, it is still showing up in my list as 4 d, 23 h, 35 m remaining at the time of my posting this reply.
Guardian

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 more examples from the same seller.

Guardian

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Ok, I just tried to edit one of the above four examples to add a comment that they have ended. After adding the comment when I tried to save the edit, I got the error: " This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed."

But the ones I did not edit still show Time to End as though they are still in progress.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario isn't always able to pick up the time sensitive posts on this forum in time to be able to investigate them, he might see them sooner if you send them to him via email at the support address given on the Contact tab above.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at this.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I found the problem that prevented items that ended early by the seller to be updated properly. The fix is now in place - it may take a few hours for everything to be updated properly.

My apology for this bug.
Guardian

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I was able to help you find and fix this bug. Thank you.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you for your assistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.