Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

You are not eligible to bid on this item.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNifty2019

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item. Reply with quote

I was bidding on a item (254938321878) that I would have been successful in winning as my my maximum bid on Gixen was easily the highest but at the end of the auction I see this message "You are not eligible to bid on this item" on Gixen so to my disappointment I have missed out.
The item I was bidding on could have been shipped to my country Australia so that wasn't the issue for me not being able to participate in the auction so the question is what went wrong?
I have never had this happen to me before. Confused
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can't win if your bid is not accepted.

Since it's a knife and there are restrictions on those in certain jurisdictions it could be something that Ebay has been forced to implement in order to protect themselves from prosecution.

Alternatively the seller must have set it up in a manner that your bid was not acceptable and we can only speculate how since there are a number of ways a seller can do that. Your question is therefore best directed to that seller, they may be willing to let you know what restrictions they impose in general or perhaps even specifically against your account if you have had any dealings with them before.

They may even be able to find your bid within their Ebay dashboard, as there certainly used to be a record, for sellers, of the bids that were rejected on their auctions with an indication as to why.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.