Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Double bids, Main+Mirror 2bid problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GS2017

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Double bids, Main+Mirror 2bid problem Reply with quote

eBay UK item id no. 324548374572

As example

On each auction Gixen places 2 identical bids.

This has happened on every recent auction.

I still won though, Thanks
GS2017

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: No new posts Double bids, Main+Mirror I GAVE U WRONG ITEMID Reply with quote

THIS IS CORRECT Auction ID

EbayUK date/time 04 Apr, 2021 21:47:06 BST

Item: 274733679049
Title: BOXED Bitmain AntMiner A3 Blake 2b Siacoin Miner 815Gh/s - Excellent Condition
Status (main): HIGH BIDDER
Status (mirror): HIGH BIDDER,

Sorry
goodlittlekitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, GS2017,

I think if you want Gixen Mirror service to place two identical bids of the same money amounts, but at different times, that you will need to log in to your Gixen scheduled bids page to manually change one of the "mirrored" bid times, showing below your scheduled auction bid, and set one of them to launch sooner or later than the other one. You would change how many seconds are left before auction end to be the timeset for one of your two mirrored bids on one auctoon.

You can change the default setting from your scheduled bids page to make your mirror bids launch at different times. The default setting seems to be 6 seconds.

You can easily change your bid time setting away from the standard default setting of 6 seconds before your auction ending time. You could change to another time setting of perhaps 10 or even 15 seconds before your auction end time. Is that what you are trying to do? Place two bids of the same value amount, but have them be at different times?

Gixen Mirror service is the only way I know of that allows a single ebay user ID to successfully place two identical bid amounts on the same auction, regardless of whether they are at different times.

I suppose you could try sniping two identical bids of the same amount and time manually, by doing it under two separate ebay user IDs. I don't think it works because ebay has a rule the incremental bid rule.

Somehow Gixen mirror service gets around that bid increment rule that prevents ebay confirming more than one bid from any user that is the same amount.

Anyway, you can change one or even both of your bids over on the right side of that scheduled bids screen. Select the bids you want to change the time on from there.

From there, you can see (or you should see) your two bids for the one auction. They are auto-set by Gixen to be timed for launching 6 seconds before auction end. Those are the two bids on your one listing which your Mirror service is ready to execute, they will send from two different servers.

Unless you change the seconds setting yourself, that default setting of 6 seconds holds.

That is why it looks like two identical bids to you, because, well, I think that they are. They can be identical in dollar amount, and be set to launch from different servers, at exactly the same time or at different times - but still for the same amount.

I never really understood myself quite how ebay allows our "mirrored" sniping bids, with ientical time and same-monetary-value, to be confirmed on their system.

I can't make it accept two bids of the same-monetary-value amount by myself, outside of a mirror sniping service.

Identical bid amounts, entered at identical times, from the same ebay user ID would ordinarily be rejected by ebay, and the fact that our Gixen bids often do just that, appears to me to be an exception to their bid increment rule which ordinarily governs against such happening (the ebay increment protocol, set by ebay, goes according to chunk of change dollar value amounts: for lower range competing bid values, the incremental bid amount needed to "beat" another bid is smaller, and the higher up you go, the greater the incremental bid amount required in order to beat out all other bids (it can go up higher than $1 or $10, or even $100 etc.)

Ordinarily, I don't think ebay's bidding system will allow you to place two bids like that (because one of your bids needs to be at least one bid increment-value higher, to satisfy the bid increment rule, before it will confirm another bid.)

Anyhow, you can change the seconds offset on your Gixen scheduled bids page and your bids should register on ebay the way you want them to, at different times, unless another user ID bid beats out yours.

It is interesting because eay does seem to be accepting two bids in the same amount from one user ID, for one listing.

Anyway, hope that all made sense, and happy for you that you won!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a problem, why does it bother you? If you want to avoid this for appearance reasons (which is the only reason I can think of) use different offset times for main and mirror.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.