Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

All bids reset to 0.00

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cantrips

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject: All bids reset to 0.00 Reply with quote

All of my bids have been set to 0.00 - is anyone else having this problem?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the default value when you import from a list, but my guess is you have not done that ?

Can you provide an example auction number that you think has had it's snipe value reset ?
cantrips

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not import from a list. I set the bids individually last night and they were fine last night. This morning they are all reset to 0.00. Something happened on the Gixen server to cause this.

Example auction # is 233941808423
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, only Mario has the access required to be able to look into that.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at it, and from what I see for this item your max bid is set to a non-zero value.

I see other snipes with bid 0.00, but these were imported from your watchlist, and not edited since, so this is normal.
cantrips

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I must have accidentally clicked 'Import' and it wiped out all of my carefully configured bids.

Mario - can you please change this so that if you've manually imported 100 bids, clicking 'Import' shouldn't wipe them all out. It should check if the item already exists and ignore it.

Also - I went through and re-added all of my bids (by manually copying the item number and bid amount), only to discover when I was done that it had ignored all of them because they were already imported. Manual entry should always override automatic entry, in this case if there's an imported item with no bids set, manually entering a bid should replace it!

It seems there are some design problems with how manual vs. imported listings are handled.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it doesn't - ebay import will not delete existing snipes - any existing snipe will prevent import of the same item from happening. For the item you mentioned your max bid was still there and non-zero.
cantrips

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...maybe I clicked 'import' yesterday without realizing it, then set all my snipes, and they were not set because of the imported items. Same thing just happened to me today.

Is there a reason why the imported items (with no snipes set) are preserved, instead of replacing them when the user manually enters a bid?

I can't think of any reason why the manually entered snipe should be ignored in favor of the imported item that has no snipes set. It should replace in this case.

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you try to add a snipe that already exists, whether or not that snipe has a zero amount set, the web interface generates an error:

Sorry, this item is already present.
cantrips

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly. I think the logic there should be:
If the existing item is an imported item with no snipe, then replace it with the snipe.
If it's another snipe, then don't replace it and give an error.

I can't think of a single reason not to replace an item with a snipe. The item has no value or purpose other than to be replaced with a snipe.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's been like this forever, and I can't remember anyone highlighting it as a problem, till now.

The logic you suggest might be more difficult to implement than you imagine, since it involves retrieving the snipe value again before saving it... I'm guessing that it's currently implemented, in the database, by having a unique key and detecting the database rejecting the insert of a duplicate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.