Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

2 auctions ending at exactly the same time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hallion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: 2 auctions ending at exactly the same time Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I have 2 live snipes on Gixen which are due to end at exactly the same second on Friday.

Can Gixen handle this ok?

Thanks!
rickajho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is - no. The problem isn't so much gixen - it's Ebay - which sees multiple bids from the same buyer entered at exactly the same time as suspicious activity and blocks the bids.

If you paid for the mirror service you have options to use different bid offset times. (The free service is fixed at 6 seconds. For that $6.00 annual fee you can pick from 1 to 15 seconds.) You could try using different offsets for the two auctions, but I'm not sure if that will get you around what Ebay views as suspicious activity here. Mario or Mark will know for sure.

Of course, the real problem is sellers who batch upload items which doesn't allow for individual/different end times to be set. Bidding on multiple items then becomes a pain for everyone - sniping or not sniping.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you want to win both, and this is not two auctions you wish to Group in order to only win one?...If you want to be sure of winning no more than one, they need to be at least two minutes apart before you can rely on there being enough time for a subsequent snipe to be cancelled, if you win the earlier one.

Yes, I agree with the above post, it is no longer advisable to have snipes fire at exactly the same second... You may get away with it with two, but any more than that and you have a high risk of sanctions being imposed by Ebay as a result.

As also mentioned above the work around is to use different offsets, so that the actual bids are at least a second apart, but you do need a Mirror subscription before that is a viable option for you.
snipeymcsniper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this post ... I have several snipes schedule for Monday evening. This stupid seller made ALL THEIR AUCTIONS end at the exact same moment. I am interested in getting 7 of them (all completely different items).

I thought I could snipe them all at once, but I guess I need to make sure they are spaced out 2 - 3 seconds apart?

It seems stupid - if eBay doesn't forbid sniping services, then this shouldn't matter or get you in trouble. Oh well.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snipeymcsniper,

Yes, you need to space the bids out as much as you can.
bidme

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have this problem with other sniping services. Why can't Gixen handle it?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bidme wrote:
I don't have this problem with other sniping services. Why can't Gixen handle it?

When was the last time you tried it with other sniping services?

Gixen used to, and can, handle, as many simultaneous snipes as one can possibly need. The problem is - eBay will block you. This is relatively new, eBay is tightening things.
medsia324

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Mirror Reply with quote

If you have Mirror and one item to bid should you automatically set it at 1 second ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

medsia324,

If you only have one item this thread is not relevant to you.

This thread is about sniping more than one item ending at exactly the same time.

The offset timing options are available for you to select because there is no universal agreement about what is 'best'... personally I would never use an offset as low as 1 second, I recommend higher offsets than 8 seconds to be 'first of the last' never 'last of the last' since I loose more auctions at prices less than I am prepared to pay if I schedule bids to be later due to Ebays' bid increment rule.
TIO200

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: BIDS ENDING AT THE SAME TIME Reply with quote

I had similar problem when there were many auctions of items by the same seller ending within seconds of one another, in fact exactly at the same time. My solution was to simply inform the seller that I wished to place bids on several of his items so that they may be shiped at the same time saving him work and extra expense. Would there be any way that he can reschedule his bids by scattering their end time. believe it or not they will accommodate this request. especially if there are no other bids on their items.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem too... Two auctions ending at exactly the same time/second from two different sellers... I have changed the offset of one, so now they are 5 seconds apart (both the main and the mirror server). Are 5 seconds enough?
If you can, please answer ASAP as the auction ends tomorrow.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear... I have added 5 seconds to one, so now the main server is set at 11 seconds and the mirror at 8. I prefer not to bid too close to the end, particularly if there is some increased traffic on Easter Day and the Internet is slower?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was current in 2016 when it was started.

The technology that Gixen uses to submit the bids has changed considerably since then.

It is no longer necessary to spread out your bids on items that end at exactly the same time.

I guess it might still make sense to do so if you have many hundreds of them just so that you don't overload the connection between Gixen servers and Ebay servers, via the internet, at that particular second, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about this too much these days.

There's certainly no harm in spacing out your bids if you really want to though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, OK, thank you.
MoonRocket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's no longer a problem? I've set snipes on multiple items from the same seller and some of them end at the same time. Thank you. Martin
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, it's no longer a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.